Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Guys, I checked the boards this AM, all was calm. Then Woody is back 100-%

can someone give me an explanation based on an amalgamation of Kathy(c) Chris, and Yeagly have posted on what happened? I need an explanation 

TLDR we thought there was going to be a meeting on Tuesday where more info would leak on what would happen. Seemed like QB would not interfere with Woody being removed but Pearl may not pass the BOT. Then Osterman dropped the bomb 

16 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Not sure what’s more believable; the fact we only attempted a single 3 pointer during an entire half of basketball or the fact that we’re winning despite attempting a single 3 pointer during an entire half.

Inside out. We haven’t gotten it inside enough yet.

2 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Just saying…

I told everyone here that I was going to withhold judgement and let this play out. That I wasn’t sure what would happen, nor would I  commit to or against CMW.

Met with nothing but derision.There was a total of 2-3 people who didn’t try to rip me a new one.

Not happy that so many are so anti- IU hoops. Don’t know how those sentiments help the guys on the court… which really is the bottom line. The players are caught in the middle of this. They don’t deserve to be booed. It will be Senior Day v MSU. I would hope that the feelings here are put aside to honor the players who have sweated, bled and played their hearts out to represent this fan base… and even the people on this board 

If you are worried about boos on Sunday, just wait until next year. You obviously weren’t around when previous coaches were on the hot seat. The boos are not directed at the players, it’s the coach and the administrators. Buckle up, it’s about to get ugly…..

40 minutes ago, str8baller said:

How can you be mad?  It’s literally IU’s m.o. I guessed this months ago. I don’t know if Kathy is legit or not but what she says matches what you see from the outside if you view it with a critical eye.  

IU, including Dolson, simply aren’t as smart or equipped as other top programs. It’s very simple: when it comes to athletics IU is one of the worst programs around.  Said results will follow. 

Because I'm an idiot and let my hopes get up that Woodson would be gone. I know to expect to be disappointed by them in their coaching decisions but still get disappointed when they do something even worse than I expect. Even the low bar I set for them is too high. My fault. 

3 minutes ago, IndyHoops said:

If you are worried about boos on Sunday, just wait until next year. You obviously weren’t around when previous coaches were on the hot seat. The boos are not directed at the players, it’s the coach and the administrators. Buckle up, it’s about to get ugly…..

Been around since the early 70’s. 

Shouldn’t be any boos on Senior Night.

It’s a day for the players. The hate should be set aside for one day 

Well this unfortunate turn of events certainly could impact my over/under of 600 pages by midnight tomorrow 

should keep chugging along tonight and early tomorrow morning should get another bump with people living under rocks finally getting the news that the unthinkable has happened.

probably a lull sets in around noon as the bleak reality takes root.

I’m going to stick with over 600 pages with an evening onslaught of posts, fueled by heavy and widespread day drinking.

11 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

I told everyone here that I was going to withhold judgement and let this play out. That I wasn’t sure what would happen, nor would I  commit to or against CMW.

So you did nothing nor predicted nothing? Not sure if I can give you credit for that man…lol.   

I suppose there’s a certain zen involved with that approach though. 

Just now, steubenhoosier said:

Been around since the early 70’s. 

Shouldn’t be any boos on Senior Night.

It’s a day for the players. The hate should be set aside for one day 

Good luck…

1 minute ago, johnsoniu said:

Well this unfortunate turn of events certainly could impact my over/under of 600 pages by midnight tomorrow 

should keep chugging along tonight and early tomorrow morning should get another bump with people living under rocks finally getting the news that the unthinkable has happened.

I’m going to stick with over 600 pages with an evening onslaught of posts, fueled by heavy and widespread day drinking.

I suppose it’s naive to ask for a void on my over?

12 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Just saying…

Met with nothing but derision.There was a total of 2-3 people who didn’t try to rip me a new one.

Not happy that so many are so anti- IU hoops. Don’t know how those sentiments help the guys on the court… which really is the bottom line. The players are caught in the middle of this. They don’t deserve to be booed. It will be Senior Day v MSU. I would hope that the feelings here are put aside to honor the players who have sweated, bled and played their hearts out to represent this fan base… and even the people on this board 

If you think that withholding judgement was why people were ripping you then you are completely wrong. It was your attitude and preaching that turned people against you quickly. Probably the same thing that I'm guessing turned the people over on HSN against you and why you are here instead of there.

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Inside out. We haven’t gotten it inside enough yet.

Yep. The problem is not enough bigs inside. Woodson will make adjustments in the offseason so we'll see the 4-in, 1-out offense he wants.

2 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

If you think that withholding judgement was why people were ripping you then you are completely wrong. It was your attitude and preaching that turned people against you quickly. Probably the same thing that I'm guessing turned the people over on HSN against you and why you are here instead of there.

Don’t mind being in the minority 

You don’t know the details about HSN but you’re not close 

5 minutes ago, johnsoniu said:

It will be well over 600 before CMW is fired.