Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

I’m worried that Woodson did no changes from Penn State. Why haven’t IU switched to a zone? Outside of him standing up in this game he has made 0 changes… Terrible

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Because an unmotivated team playing zone is every bit as bad as an unmotivated team playing man. Maybe worse, because they don’t do it often.

And that falls on the coach. How can you not get this team going? I’m afraid IU gives up 100 to Purdue and loses by 40

I don't want to hear anything about Woody ain't going anywhere because he is friends with whoever lol. This has to stop. Easily the worst version of iu basketball I have ever seen. That counts the crean rebuild years. Them guys played hard

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

It’s not that we’re losing.

It’s that the team appears to have pretty much (completely?) checked out.

Given up. They look like they’re counting down the days till the season is over

14 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I don't want to hear anything about Woody ain't going anywhere because he is friends with whoever lol. This has to stop. Easily the worst version of iu basketball I have ever seen. That counts the crean rebuild years. Them guys played hard

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

None of us want to hear it. But we're all going to live it. Woodson won't be let go unless he is the one to let go. 

2 hours ago, IU - Kaulie said:

I will always be a Tom Crean fan.  He loved IU and loved Bloomington.  He and his family were very visible/active in the community.  I heard he fought hard to keep his job and challenged for one more year.  Things were going bad but I think he should have got that one more year.

No. We should've moved on, him being awful at Georgia backs that up. Personally, I would've fired him sooner.

4 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Come on. Woodys second year we beat Purdue twice, come in 2nd in the BT despite having your starting PG out for the year and we were looking like we had a chance for LM, BF and DQ. The trend line was definitely looking upward that I doubt the staff was the reason they did not commit. 

I mean, they're juniors in high school. It will be 2 years before they're playing in college. Do you think this staff will still be here in 2 years? Why would they commit to that? 

3 hours ago, IU Prof said:

I wonder how much a Purdue Final Four run, or heaven forbid a championship, would alter the calculus for IU.

As Ohio State's reaction to Michigan's national title shows, few things can motivate a school to step its game up quite like your arch rival winning big. Maybe something to think about for those hoping we change directions this off-season. 

If that’s what it will take, then by all means, let the stinkers at Purdue hoist one.