Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Illinois - Saturday, 01.27.24 @ 3:00 ET on Fox TV

Always look forward to IUBB game day. But it blows to wake up with 0 expectation of even keeping it truly competitive. 

Maybe if Ware wasn't injured it would be a different story... When the outcome seems inevitable before it starts, it's a bad season. This is a chance to start turning things around. Not holding my breath... but cheering to be wrong. Lol

23 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Like this post if you want IU to win today

Of course we all want IU to win, heck we would all love it if IU played competitive basketball and kept it close with a chance to win.  We all had higher expectations than what this team is producing but at this point in the season, if we take a step in that direction, we will all be somewhat a little happier 

58 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Always look forward to IUBB game day. But it blows to wake up with 0 expectation of even keeping it truly competitive. 

Maybe if Ware wasn't injured it would be a different story... When the outcome seems inevitable before it starts, it's a bad season. This is a chance to start turning things around. Not holding my breath... but cheering to be wrong. Lol

We are certainly an underdog.  As I've posted earlier, I think we are talented enough to win.  I would never wager on us winning.  I'm not a complete fool. But I still hold out hope.  

I'll be focusing on improvement in the way we play.  We've had a week to improve. 

1. Shot selection- are we focusing on getting the ball to Reneau and Mgbako.  They should always be options 1 and 2. 
  2. Be happy with an assist or even a hockey assist- this is primarily for Reneau.  Please pass out of double and triple teams.
  3. Shooting threes- we need to shoot 20+ threes each game.  Preferably by Mgbako and Reneau.  Are we running offense to get open looks from three? 
  4. Rebounding- All 5 players need to hit the defensive glass.  We get so few fast breaks there's no reason for guys to leak out. 
  5. Reduce turnovers- Play under control.  Make the easy pass.  Don't force passes when guys aren't open. 
  6. Don't cheat off of good three-point shooters.  Know the scouting report. Giving up wide open threes can get you blown out and gets their crowd into the game. 
  7. Smile, have fun.  The opportunity to play Division 1 basketball should be a blast.  Play your @$$ off and enjoy it.  Someday you'll be an old guy sitting at a computer wishing you could still play.  

2 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

I honestly thought the game was tonight around 5pm Central time when I plan to watch the ISU game. Long time fan just found out the game is on at 2pm CT .... is that apathy about this program or what? I use to have over 500 games taped on VCR type of fan and no cannot make it much further than a half of basketball. I'm bored today and getting over a cold so I will tune in. It is going to get really ugly I'm afraid  ... lose by 25.

Don't worry. Haven't watched the last 4 games. Didn't watch UConn, Kansas or Auburn.