Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

2023-24 Prediction League - Game 20 at Illinois Sat 1/27/24 3pm FOX

After watching Northwestern and Illinois shoot the lights out of the basket, I am not optimistic we could hang with either one of them.

Biting Illini 85

Hoosiers 72

High hopes for the NIT are starting to fade.  This IU team is evidence that putting a team together is more than recruiting players with lots of stars after their names.  Team building is about attitude and confidence, and IU is lacking in both.  These guys don't look like they are having any fun.  They look like they are pressing.  They don't act like they like each other.  And, dare I say, we are starting to see indications of hero ball instead of team ball.  l still like Woody as a coach but sometimes teams get away from you and you just can't seem to find the key to getting everything back on track.

Still time to put things back together but, sadly, not on the road and not at Illinois.

Hoosiers         71

Illinois              84

PS  As a resident of Illinois I hate the University of Illinois.  My kids graduated from Iowa and Indiana.