Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

COMPLAIN HERE!

44 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Because the media hates Indiana. Just look at how headlines are wrote when we win or lose.

2 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Why is this, especially the new Youtubers SleeperMedia & Field of 68

Field of 68 you say?

image.png

Seeing the PEwwww fans on Twitter getting so defensive about everyone acknowledging the way NU was blatantly jobbed makes me chuckle...

"Obviously we're going to get fouled more, we play through the post and they play on the perimeter"

"If the refs actually called every foul we'd have shot 100 free throws and NU would probably shoot the same amount they did"

"Collins was just mad the refs didn't help him enough, he admits fouling is part of his strategy"

...I can't believe people are able to say that without laughing at themselves. 46-8 disparity! That's mind blowing. I guess the insecurity adds up after all those early exits at the hands of double digit seeds with a few capable guards on the roster. It will be sweet to witness their usual March flameout. 

41 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Why is this, especially the new Youtubers SleeperMedia & Field of 68

Couldn't tell you. Because none of them were around really for Knight. They want to push Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, UNC, Gonzaga, Michigan State. But they'll push Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon, Florida etc before they do Indiana. I took notice in 2012-2013 with the treatment of Zeller.

2 hours ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

I am a glutton for punishment... I listened to the Eye on CBB podcast episodes last night after the firing of Tom Crean and Archie. Interesting that before Archie was fired Matt Norlander was saying some coaches had been approached in a "if there was an opening would you be interested"... Did every coach turn us down? or was it really all in on Stevens, he says no and now we scramble?

We’ll never know. I have a hard time believing both (a) they had Brad Stevens ‘in the bag’ at $7 million and (b) Mike Woodson was the best they could do after Brad scorned us. The two theories don’t go together. Picking Woodson just wasn’t a serious decision for a multitude of reasons. If they were serious enough about winning to go that hard after Brad then they could’ve bagged someone else. I just really don’t know how you can go from a grand slam candidate to a pop out. 

44 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Seeing the PEwwww fans on Twitter getting so defensive about everyone acknowledging the way NU was blatantly jobbed makes me chuckle...

"Obviously we're going to get fouled more, we play through the post and they play on the perimeter"

"If the refs actually called every foul we'd have shot 100 free throws and NU would probably shoot the same amount they did"

"Collins was just mad the refs didn't help him enough, he admits fouling is part of his strategy"

...I can't believe people are able to say that without laughing at themselves. 46-8 disparity! That's mind blowing. I guess the insecurity adds up after all those early exits at the hands of double digit seeds with a few capable guards on the roster. It will be sweet to witness their usual March flameout. 

I figures that they would be defensive, they know they all know that wasn’t right and they walked away with a robbed win.  When they let them play in the dance, Turdue won’t be shooting that many free throws.  I watched that game, Edey got by with several no calls on about 3 or 4 other fouls.  I think he only got called for 2.  That hook at the end was a blatant hook and it was called against NW, that happened all night long.  Any borderline call went against NW

30 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We’ll never know. I have a hard time believing both (a) they had Brad Stevens ‘in the bag’ at $7 million and (b) Mike Woodson was the best they could do after Brad scorned us. The two theories don’t go together. Picking Woodson just wasn’t a serious decision for a multitude of reasons. If they were serious enough about winning to go that hard after Brad then they could’ve bagged someone else. I just really don’t know how you can go from a grand slam candidate to a pop out. 

I do.

E9ARXuBXIAE5OlO.jpg_large.jpg

21 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

I do.

E9ARXuBXIAE5OlO.jpg_large.jpg

How much control does the BOT really have over an AD when it comes to choosing the basketball coach? Like, could Buckner really have forced Dolson’s hand into hiring Woodson? 

16 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

How much control does the BOT really have over an AD when it comes to choosing the basketball coach? Like, could Buckner really have forced Dolson’s hand into hiring Woodson? 

The BOT can fire President Whitten if they want to.  They have the big hammer and if Buckner has control of the board he can pretty much get whatever he wants.   

24 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I don’t think it’s as much of forcing Dolsons hand as it is propping up a puppet in Dolson and he never had authority to begin with. “We control you scott, do as your told or you’ll be replaced”

1 minute ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Who watches the watchmen… I mean who holds Buckner Accountable?? 

I don't think anyone does.

The alumni vote to award positions on the BOT, but not sure what the "recall" process is... AFAIK, once one is elected to the BOT, they just serve their term without any recourse...

https://alumni.iu.edu/events/trustee-election/guidelines.html

3 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

The alumni vote to award positions on the BOT, but not sure what the "recall" process is... AFAIK, once one is elected to the BOT, they just serve their term without any recourse...

We can’t get rid of Buckner, because of that we can’t get rid of Dolson or Woodson, and because of Buckner we can’t hire a change agent coach? Is that safe to assume? 

maybe it wasn’t shoulders, Mcrobbie, Gonso or glass all along..

9 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Which would make them unaccountable to anyone. Nope, nothing could possibly go wrong there.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

Which would make them unaccountable to anyone. Nope, nothing could possibly go wrong there.

Yep. What a glorious system we have here...

We are a state university so there's probably some level of state government that could overstep the BOT but it would only be implemented in some extreme circumstance most likely dealing with finances and certainly not in everyday operations and hiring/firing decisions.   Strictly my personal opinion and FWIW.

2 hours ago, Home Jersey said:

Two things are true:

1.  Northwestern did foul more than Purdue and

2.  They did not foul to the disparity it was called.

i don’t think I’ve ever seen a game where 46-8 would be legit.

3 hours ago, Home Jersey said:

I think there are a couple reasons we're seeing these mental gymnastics from Purdue fans: 

1) They're a little embarrassed they needed that big of an advantage to win a home game over an unranked team they traditionally expect to beat, especially a team that beat them earlier this season, 

2) They know they won't get anywhere near this type of officiating in March, and without it, they're in trouble. 

I think it's funny how hard they're riding the "NU shot a ton of 3's" narrative when NU only shot six more than Purdue did. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The BOT can fire President Whitten if they want to.  They have the big hammer and if Buckner has control of the board he can pretty much get whatever he wants.   

Sure, but it seems very unlikely to me that Buckner would’ve been able to whip up support to fire Dolson just because he wouldn’t hire Buckner’s unqualified buddy. 

I could see Dolson not wanting to test it,  it if he’s just going to be a puppet then might as well not have an AD and save the money. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Sure, but it seems very unlikely to me that Buckner would’ve been able to whip up support to fire Dolson just because he wouldn’t hire Buckner’s unqualified buddy. 

I could see Dolson not wanting to test it,  it if he’s just going to be a puppet then might as well not have an AD and save the money. 

No comment.  I'm just pointing out the IU pecking order and that Buckner and the BOT are at the top of the food chain.