Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs #2 Kansas - Saturday, 12.16.23 @ 12:30 on CBS

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

So unless IU finishes in the top 2 in the Big Ten, they don't make the tournament? 

Really bad hot takes today.

The Big Ten is REALLY bad. It's a 5 bid league. We just have extra work to do because we have literally zero wins to care about out of conference and our numbers suck.

1 minute ago, Banksyrules said:

I hope Mgbako stays another year and that we retain Mckeeney.  If we do that  and get Queen we'll have the most balanced team since the Oladipo days.  Great experience for Cupps.  This is hopefully a development year.  

That’s a nice start but we would also still need at least 2 perimeter guys

I get it you like to defend IU. Even though we have stunk it up for the pat 30 years I know I'm not supposed to be critical. 
No we have and you can be critical. I pray one day someone elevates this program back to the top. Hopefully Woodson

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Win the next three non-conference games and get to January at 10-3.  Get to 20 wins and turn it over to the committee.  

At 20 wins we better pray every B1G team from here on out wins, including Purdue today. Our current metrics with a down B1G will be cutting awfully close at 20 wins. In fact, I think I’d say we’re more likely to be out than in. 

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

So unless IU finishes in the top 2 in the Big Ten, they don't make the tournament? 

That ain’t true!  If we beat Purdue once, win at least 20 games and finish in the top 4 in the Big Ten, we should still make it!

1 minute ago, str8baller said:

At 20 wins we better pray every B1G team from here on out wins, including Purdue today. Our current metrics with a down B1G will be cutting awfully close at 20 wins. In fact, I think I’d say we’re more likely to be out than in. 

I agree, but I also think we can do some damage in the B1G. We definitely need X. 

Praying purdue gets beat by 57 today. If iu needs help to get in the tournament I hope we don't get in. In fact year 3 Woodson better be winning the big 10 this year or running a close second. Tired of losing

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I've been saying all season, if we don't make the tournament, it will be because we didn't win enough games. Not because our opponents didn't win enough games, but because we didn't do enough. The ball is still in our court. 

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Have you seen our NET (which the tourney committee uses primarily)? We are going to have precisely 0 non con wins of significance. The B1G is a 4-5 bid league this year. Not 7-8+… we need to either win the B1G tournament or finish in the top 2-3 in the B1G. Not a bad take a all. Just a realistic one that you don’t like. 

I hope Mgbako stays another year and that we retain Mckeeney.  If we do that  and get Queen we'll have the most balanced team since the Oladipo days.  Great experience for Cupps.  This is hopefully a development year.  
No guards though

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The Big Ten is REALLY bad. It's a 5 bid league. We just have extra work to do because we have literally zero wins to care about out of conference and our numbers suck.

The three non-conference losses are all quad ones.  I agree the Big Ten is probably a five bid league.  I take a look at a team like Northwestern's non-conference that is riddled with quad 4 wins as well as a quad 4 home loss to Chicago State and don't think it's as desperate as it seems.  Committee seems to put extra emphasis on three things -- high quality wins, low quality losses, and non-conference SOS.  IU won't have high quality non-con wins or low quality non-con losses, but the non-con SOS is pretty good.

Anyway, the bottom line is that IU will need to accumulate wins.  I think the way they showed today, if they can get X back, the ceiling is decent.

Man I hate attending losses, I also hate attending losses with loud, obnoxious, opposing fans all around. Sure was a lot of blue where the student/mini-series tickets were! Game was great but with about 3 minutes to go, I just figured we were not going to survive. Kansas' goal was to shutdown MR and Ware and they were pretty good at it, if you count fouling nearly every possession. Even my former boss (Kensucky fan) texted to say what an absolute hose job by the stripes.