Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Coach Curt Cignetti to INDIANA

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He must. The whole thing is just mind-blowing to me. We must be going cheap. Pay 15 million to fire someone, then hire a RB coach

Did he figure out how to bring back Knute Rockne?

Paying 15m to get rid of a bad coach just to give the reigns to a RB coach would really be an IUFB thing. Unless they're counting on saving the money for when Hart needs bought out.

2 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Did he figure out how to bring back Knute Rockne?

Paying 15m to get rid of a bad coach just to give the reigns to a RB coach would really be an IUFB thing. Unless they're counting on saving the money for when Hart needs bought out.

Past history says we will indeed need buyout cash in another 4-5 years.

1 hour ago, GoIU8 said:

Galen Clavio of Crimsoncast made a great point of this topic. We all know this is the hardest job in FBS, and we need to treat it as such. This is not a job you need to be learning on the fly. Our best coaches and at other programs like ours, have all had HC experience elsewhere before taking the job here. It needs to be a head coach, period.

It’s not the guy’s last position that matters.   We need a coach with a vision, and some piss and vinegar to see that vision thru.  Someone who knows where they are going with the program and how to get there.  And won’t blame NIL, facilities, or the cheerleading uniforms.  

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

I'll go ahead and say it, if we hire Hart we'd need the buyout money. Same with Frye.

The only reason I can come back and say it won't be Hart or Frye is because Dolson's job is on the line with this hire. Would you hire Mike Hart or Justin Frye if your job was on the line?

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

That's why I think Candle is a no-brainer. Plus he's 44 and has 12 years of head coaching experience. Compared to a RB coach who has health problems.

Candle AND Herman are no-brainers to me.

1 minute ago, IndyResident16 said:

The only reason I can come back and say it won't be Hart or Frye is because Dolson's job is on the line with this hire. Would you hire Mike Hart or Justin Frye if your job was on the line?

The same Scott Dolson that got completely pantsed by Allen's agent with that ridiculous buyout?

1 minute ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

how is Dolson's job on the line? He hasn't even been the AD for more than a few years.  

Shelling out one of the worst coaching contracts in the history of the sport and replacing him with a guy who gets fired 3 years later would be immediate grounds for dismissal at literally any other P5 program in America. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Ehh.. everyone can do that, though. 

Everyone can do that, but I don’t see P5 teams lining up to do it. 

Regardless of how much we think IU sucks, there will always be an appeal to coach in a power conference, especially with the current conference  format where there will be fewer and fewer power jobs. 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

But he is saying that the first 3 would have to strike out before we would get to Herman. 

If Hart is higher on Dolson’s list than Herman then we need a new AD as much as we need a football coach. Actually, we should probably get a new AD first.