Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2023-24 IUFB Transfer Portal

23 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

If I had to guess, the JMU cluster has something to prove. We'll see how that transfers to Big Ten football, but personally, I'm extremely comfortable who's running IUFB. 

Totally agree!

Pete Thamel @ PeteThamel
Former Alabama defensive lineman Khurtiss Perry is headed to Indiana on an official visit this weekend, per the @APSportsAgency. Perry is a former Top 100 recruit from the Class of 2022 and has three years eligibility remaining.

Well well

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

12 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Pete Thamel @ PeteThamel

Former Alabama defensive lineman Khurtiss Perry is headed to Indiana on an official visit this weekend, per the @APSportsAgency. Perry is a former Top 100 recruit from the Class of 2022 and has three years eligibility remaining.

I like that he and the DT we just added from JMU both of 3 years of eligibility. Both are undersized interior guys, though, which I don't really have a problem with. 

13 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Pete Thamel @ PeteThamel

He can play all techniques!? I watched his highlights and while in high school he played every technique on the DL. If that's the case he'll be a valuable addition for Coach Kuntz. Let's hope we land this guy just for having a utility player on the DL. My word, what an asset to have. 

Pipeline from Harrisonburg to Bloomington continues to flow.

JMU freshman D'Angelo Ponds -- 5-9, 165-pound CB -- joining Coach Cig. 

Not the biggest kid, but seems to be a really good get (see below ...)

Some of his credentials ... 

• College Football Network Freshman Cornerback of the Year
  • Shaun Alexander Freshman of the Year Semifinalist (Fab 14)
  • CFN Second Team All-American
  • Football Writers Association of American Freshman All-American
  • CFN First Team Freshman All-American
  • On3 True Freshman All-American
  • HERO Sports Group of Five Third Team All-American
  • Second Team All-Sun Belt cornerback
  • Played in all 13 games, making 10 starts at cornerback
  • Had 51 tackles (32 solo) to go with 2.0 tackles for loss, two fumble recoveries, two interceptions and 13 pass breakups
  • Ranked tied for second in the Sun Belt in passes defended (15), third in pass breakups (13) and tied for fifth in SBC in fumble recoveries (2)
  • Season-high eight tackles vs. UConn (Nov. 11)
  • Season-high three passes defended with his first career interception and two breakups at Utah State (Sept. 23)
  • Had two pass breakups in five games
  • Made seven tackles, an interception and a fumble recovery vs. App State (Nov. 18)
  • Also tallied seven tackles and two PBU vs. Old Dominion (Oct. 28)
  • Had four or more tackles in nine games
  • Recorded at least one PBU in eight outings
  • CFN Midseason Honorable Mention All-American

4 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Pipeline from Harrisonburg to Bloomington continues to flow.

JMU freshman D'Angelo Ponds -- 5-9, 165-pound CB -- joining Coach Cig. 

Not the biggest kid, but seems to be a really good get (see below ...)

Some of his credentials ... 

• College Football Network Freshman Cornerback of the Year
  • Shaun Alexander Freshman of the Year Semifinalist (Fab 14)
  • CFN Second Team All-American
  • Football Writers Association of American Freshman All-American
  • CFN First Team Freshman All-American
  • On3 True Freshman All-American
  • HERO Sports Group of Five Third Team All-American
  • Second Team All-Sun Belt cornerback
  • Played in all 13 games, making 10 starts at cornerback
  • Had 51 tackles (32 solo) to go with 2.0 tackles for loss, two fumble recoveries, two interceptions and 13 pass breakups
  • Ranked tied for second in the Sun Belt in passes defended (15), third in pass breakups (13) and tied for fifth in SBC in fumble recoveries (2)
  • Season-high eight tackles vs. UConn (Nov. 11)
  • Season-high three passes defended with his first career interception and two breakups at Utah State (Sept. 23)
  • Had two pass breakups in five games
  • Made seven tackles, an interception and a fumble recovery vs. App State (Nov. 18)
  • Also tallied seven tackles and two PBU vs. Old Dominion (Oct. 28)
  • Had four or more tackles in nine games
  • Recorded at least one PBU in eight outings
  • CFN Midseason Honorable Mention All-American

Love seeing the multiple years of eligibility remaining as well.  I believe both Ponds and Tucker have three years remaining which is important as we think about long-term program construction.

Hoosiers pick up another former JMU player in RB Solomon Vanhorse.  Interesting profile as the majority of his production came early in his tenure at JMU, 2019 season, with the last two seasons being impacted by injuries.  Rivals sees his role primarily on Special Teams.  

With Vanhorse's commitment, the Hoosiers are at 80 scholarships for the Fall with 5 spots remaining.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/4366640/solomon-vanhorse

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/james-maddison-transfer-special-teamer-solomon-vanhorse-commits-to-indiana

1647809878_ScreenShot2024-05-04at8_41_53PM.thumb.png.785e36a35d0f7e61f65701bbf129f866.png

I know very little about individual DB's from JMU (kid may be great) but having watched several of their games last year I'd say that group was their biggest weakness. You may remember me saying we didn't want their DB coaches and thankfully we went a different direction there.

On 5/2/2024 at 10:15 AM, LamarCheeks said:

Pete Thamel @ PeteThamel

The depth Bama recruits is just crazy. This kid was a top 100 recruit, redshirts a season and then the following season only gets into one game (Middle Tennessee) with no stats.
They just stack up the talent.

10 hours ago, DChoosier said:

The depth Bama recruits is just crazy. This kid was a top 100 recruit, redshirts a season and then the following season only gets into one game (Middle Tennessee) with no stats.
They just stack up the talent.

We could make a pretty good living snagging their cast offs. When CCC gets things rolling here, and I think he will, maybe we get some of those guys outright.

On 4/23/2024 at 8:58 AM, btownqb said:

4 years of eligibility, too, with a chance to play a fair amount of snaps this season. 

He ended up at App State, unfortunately. 

LB Jayden McDonald to UConn - his third transfer and fourth school overall (Iowa, Troy, and Indiana previously.)

By my math I am tracking eight remaining in the portal (Holloman, Bohler, Miller Jr., Jeffries, Jared Casey, Greenlow and both Minor's) with 80 committed for the Fall.

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Not sure what I missed, but some good old fashioned IUFB pride from inside the program will get the blood pumping.

Yeah, I want the tea.