Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

(2025) SG - Braylon Mullins

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Any recruiting site is going to have **** content these days if IU is their topic because almost all of our recruiting begins and ends in a 2 month window in the spring.

He's a hack. Glad that a large portion of this fanbase is starting to catch on. 

1 hour ago, Home Jersey said:

Let’s not forget Mgbako’s mother freakin initiated his IU recruitment. And Tucker basically fell into Woody’s lap after Ignite folded their operation. HS recruiting has hardly been “fine” … it’s been different strokes of luck (like Reneau flipping from UF after they fired their coach, he decided to follow his MVA PG JHS). The staff is building the track while the train is riding on it, always reactive and on the back foot. 

Maybe so, but why did those kids chose IU when they could have gone anywhere?

11 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

It pisses me off that Woodson still has no clue. Sure, he can buy pretty much whomever he wants in the portal, at least for the time being. But he continues to demonstrate his lazy approach to HS recruiting.

How many of these kids, who grew up Hoosier fans and dreamed of donning the candy stripes has he lost because he simply doesn’t want to put in the effort to show them that he’s remotely interested in them coming to IU?

Imagine if RMK had ignored him the same extent that is is ignoring these kids…

That is very, very funny comparing Knights days to what happens these days.
Ignore these kids?

Do you really think Knight made numerous home visits, hosted a guy numerous times, went to countless high school games, practices, AAU games, like Woody and the staff did for Sisley, Harrelson and Mullins? 
I have heard many ex-players say Knight visited  their home  (some of them didn’t even get a single home visit) and they then went to IU for a visit, were taken into Knights office and were basically asked “do you want to come here or not”.

8 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

He's a hack. Glad that a large portion of this fanbase is starting to catch on. 

All of those recruiting sites are hacks.  All of them.  They put in the same guesses that any of us could do and then change their guess at the last minute to match where they hear the kid is going.  Rabjohns is no more of a hack than the Trilly Donovan that everyone slobbers all over.  None of those recruiting sites are worth what they charge.

2 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Maybe so, but why did those kids chose IU when they could have gone anywhere?

38 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

... I think IU with Woodson is just an appealing destination for talented players who, for whatever reason, find themselves without a home late in the cycle.

It’s got plenty of dough, national brand recognition (still, somehow, despite the last 30 years), a coach who… technically… has NBA credentials (and a very real NBA network to his credit), and usually plenty of playing time to offer ...

5 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

All of those recruiting sites are hacks.  All of them.  They put in the same guesses that any of us could do and then change their guess at the last minute to match where they hear the kid is going.  Rabjohns is no more of a hack than the Trilly Donovan that everyone slobbers all over.  None of those recruiting sites are worth what they charge.

Trilly is a platform that has a network of sources all over the country. Trilly is constantly wrong on IU. Why? Because Rabjohns is his primary source. Trilly has very good sources and gets most of his stuff right.

Mullins was a heavy IU lean. UConn came in kinda late with an amazing sales pitch. The Mullins camp mentioned the desire to be close to home and Hurley said no problem you’ll have access to a private jet and be home in 1 hour 15 mins or what ever it was. Sealed the deal. This came from a very very close contact on the AAU side. It’s amazing what you can learn at a girls volleyball sectional.

Good luck to Braylon, truly. But I am a blind loyalist (fan growing up and an alumnus same as many family members) so I choose to root for IU regardless of any shortcomings of the coach  (there have been many over the years even with Knight). Woody either wins his way (obviously I think this season will be a major barometer) or he doesn't and they hire a new coach. But I am personally just going to enjoy this season, this team, and the guys on the floor. I like the guys they have regardless if they were recruited as high schoolers, portal entries or whether they came from Indiana or Antartica. Not getting Braylon stinks, but to each their own. Hurley definitely has "high energy" in spades. 

4 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Now it's whining instead of crying. Always shifting.

That count was helped by your continuous posting of excuses.

I didn't know whiners and criers were different sets of people. Which one are you?

9 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Season can't start fast enough. This place is going to be a funeral by New Years. 

Why are you only looking ahead to New Years, when we'll have only played 2 conference games vs Minnesota and Nebraska? 

Thought a successful college basketball season includes March. Will this place be a funeral in March? How about end of Feb?

Just now, Home Jersey said:

Why are you only looking ahead to New Years, when we'll have only played 2 conference games vs Minnesota and Nebraska? 

Thought a successful college basketball season includes March. Will this place be a funeral in March? How about end of Feb?

Most likely a morgue