Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

(2025) SG - Braylon Mullins

On 5/22/2024 at 10:10 AM, Demo said:

Feel free to read Liam McNeeley's comments about Walsh. He got a top 10 kid, from Texas, no less, and a higher rated kid than, I believe,  any player Painter has ever signed The only comments McNeeley's made since he de-committed was not how he hated telling Woody but how he hated telling Walsh. He also got the Ohio Mr Basketball to punt on OSU, a school an hour from his house, to come to IU. In basketball circles, he's very highly regarded young Coach. Is he Painter at this point, of course not. But if you're gonna denigrate him, get your facts straight.

I'm certain my facts are straight. I coached in S. Indiana and Central/Southwest Ohio for a couple of decades. I know Walsh from his grad assistant days with Archie at Dayton and he's a nice fella but was no way in hell  ready for the job he has. The college assistant coach gig is cutthroat.  A head coach usually has a handful of prospects they personally recruit and they take rookie assistants with them to show them the ropes and get them a couple credits to get started. Power programs don't do this because they don't hire rookie assistants without established recruiting portfolios. I can go back to the forming of this staff and Woodys temper tantrum over Fife and not listening to Matta standing there with a list of potential hires. The only way a head coach ever takes on a predecessors losing staff is in an interim capacity. But to quote Thad Matta, "Woodys gonna do it Woodys way."

So we have a monumental amount of pressure on a coach to deliver on instate recruiting success in the hands of an undertrained assistant that's 3 yr credit sheet has Gabe Cupps and one that jumped off the hook. Cupps is unofficially Hulls guy as is Mullins. 

5 minutes ago, Demo said:

https://hoosierillustrated.com/key-2025-indiana-basketball-targets-set-official-visit-dates/

Official, all 3 Indy Elite kids’ OV together 9/20-21. If you’re not buying what Rick’s selling at this point I’ve got nothing for you.

michael-scott-the-office.gif