Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

Trying to catch up on all the different threads.
adidas is going to come to help on this one. So NIL less of a challenge. 

someone asked about Dennis too. I will be shocked if that is not setup soon. Unless… we are confident Dingle will land and we feel Dennis agent wants too much. They would know by now as they went hard there. 

You’re saying that since IU, KU, and UL are all Adidas schools, NIL is largely the same, so it probably comes down to playing time and NBA development? I now see the rationale between the 3 schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

To expand on that. He has increasingly been kept out of the loop. He even showed verbal frustrations with it on a hysterics podcast. 

I think it is 3 horse race but St John’s is out. Not Adidas. I will also say, while this is happening really fast I think IU has better chance here than some probably think. Lock, heck no. But to come out of nowhere to what may be the school where it all fits… huge. 

I say out of nowhere to the public 

We're in the final 3 or 4...We have a real shot here. 

17 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

To expand on that. He has increasingly been kept out of the loop. He even showed verbal frustrations with it on a hysterics podcast. 

I think it is 3 horse race but St John’s is out. Not Adidas. I will also say, while this is happening really fast I think IU has better chance here than some probably think. Lock, heck no. But to come out of nowhere to what may be the school where it all fits… huge. 

I say out of nowhere to the public 

Not out of the loop just told to keep this recruitment quiet per the family.    Most honored that.  Zagoria didn’t he spilled it 

he is the insider for IU hoops whether people like it or not.  No way around it.   

2 hours ago, Banksyrules said:

Duke proposed made the comparison of Marvin Williams at UNC and wanted him to embrace that role. He wasn’t interested. Very amicable and professional on both sides. 

Marvin Williams was an incredibly efficient player at the college level.....11 and 6 1/2 player in 22 minutes per game, but UNC definitely had him more at the 4 than 3 and he didn't start.  Duke has had their share of those types of freshman, burger boys who don't start at freshman.  Some go pro early, some it takes a couple of years.  But probably less of a gamble for Mgbako making NIL money AND drawing draft interest if he were to go elsewhere and get big minutes.

20 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Not out of the loop just told to keep this recruitment quiet per the family.    Most honored that.  Zagoria didn’t he spilled it 

he is the insider for IU hoops whether people like it or not.  No way around it.   

More so, I would say he is the insider for New York sports and tweets a ton about St. John's.  He lives in Manhattan and writes for the New York Times.

28 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Looks like he has the "SMH" and "RAT" emoji.

9 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

More so, I would say he is the insider for New York sports and tweets a ton about St. John's.  He lives in Manhattan and writes for the New York Times.

Zagoria is pro New York definitely. He is also a college basketball guy.     He is more worried about breaking news then honoring wishes 

42 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Marvin Williams was an incredibly efficient player at the college level.....11 and 6 1/2 player in 22 minutes per game, but UNC definitely had him more at the 4 than 3 and he didn't start.  Duke has had their share of those types of freshman, burger boys who don't start at freshman.  Some go pro early, some it takes a couple of years.  But probably less of a gamble for Mgbako making NIL money AND drawing draft interest if he were to go elsewhere and get big minutes.

Yeah he was. I’m just told he didn’t want that role.

1 hour ago, Ngw7183 said:

Louisville being talked about as messy right now in relation to him.

IU might be the one that checks all boxes. Things happening fast now. 

Per what source?

19 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Per what source?

Trillydonovan said as much on Twitter, not sure if that’s @Ngw7183’s source too. (Truly has emerged this transfer/coaching carousel season as maybe the most truly plugged in of the various pseudonymous sources around.)

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Nobody should ever take anything anyone says as gospel.   As always take all information available and draw your own conclusions.    Maybe he isn’t “in the loop” but he would still be the most sourced Indiana hoops insider compared to everyone else.     I’ve been a Mod on this board for a while and a member of peegs. He is by far the most sourced and copied insider.   It is what it is.   He is to IU hoops as Dave Metzler is to professional wrestling.   He is the standard and will continue to be the standard for IU hoops.   

1.  Love the Dave Metzler shout out.

2.  I think part of the reason there are so many misses among college 'insiders' is the speed at which things change in portal recruiting.  Sometimes information is accurate when it is heard and/or reported but changes prior to it being widely distributed.

52 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Trillydonovan said as much on Twitter, not sure if that’s @Ngw7183’s source too. (Truly has emerged this transfer/coaching carousel season as maybe the most truly plugged in of the various pseudonymous sources around.)

I think he was talking about Walker  possibly committing .

55 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Thank you. I still have no idea who that is, but that isn't uncommon these days. HA!

1 hour ago, Bowhunter said:

I think he was talking about Walker  possibly committing .

I think his “Indiana.gif” tweet was about this. Someone else was saying UL was a mess, and where did that come from. Not sure the source is Trilly but he said the same.