Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Indiana Players Now In The Portal

35 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Excitement vs delusions are two different things. Some of the stuff I read last summer was off the charts delusional.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I would argue the delusion is coming on a message board of one of the craziest fan bases in the country and expecting anything different.

15 minutes ago, str8baller said:

He’s not very good. Simple as

I don't think that's a fair assessment.  Sure, Gunn hasn't developed as quickly as we hoped.  He did improve his three-point shooting to 34% this year.  I also believe that he led our team on steals per minutes played this year.  Gunn is athletic so there is definitely potential. Maybe if Gunn's minutes early in the year had been with 3 or 4 starters, instead of the hockey shift he would have developed better. 

That seems to be painting with an awfully broad brush. One thread makes the rest of the forum not very good. I think the majority of the fanbase feels like Mike Woodson should be fired.  
Sure, but it doesn't have to be reiterated in every thread.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Gunn is athletic

Everybody says it, but it was the rarely displayed.  If the potential is there, you’ll likely see a high major coach take a chance on him. I’m guessing he’s headed more towards a mid major. At that level he might be able to get by on some of his athleticism.  

He’s going to have trouble staying on the floor due to defense at any decent high major.  Same was true of Bates, but he at least showed he could effectively score at this level on a few occasions. Of course, he went to a place where apparently nobody cared about defense, or wins, so who knows..

19 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Bates did get better.  Still doesn't play defense, but he sure as heck shot the ball better at the train wreck that is Missouri.  Wouldn't call it a top tier program AT ALL but they did play top tier competition.

I find it so hard to believe Mizzou couldn't win one conference game.  I think they should come pick up Woody the can use some bridging over there.

1 hour ago, JF87 said:

I don't think that's a fair assessment.  Sure, Gunn hasn't developed as quickly as we hoped.  He did improve his three-point shooting to 34% this year.  I also believe that he led our team on steals per minutes played this year.  Gunn is athletic so there is definitely potential. Maybe if Gunn's minutes early in the year had been with 3 or 4 starters, instead of the hockey shift he would have developed better. 

He really needs help with his shot selection and to get past the feeling that he needs to shoot the ball every time he touches it. A good coaching staff should be able to fix those things.

His defense needs lots of work too, but again that is something can be learned. A better defensive scheme wouldn't hurt, either.

2 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Excitement vs delusions are two different things. Some of the stuff I read last summer was off the charts delusional.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Welcome to....The Internet! Where, no matter the topic, some of the stuff you read will be downright delusional. The trick to this game is, will we make broad sweeping statements about what the delusional "some" represents? Or will we understand that the delusional is, indeed, just "some", and most definitely not all? Tune in to find out!