Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Couldn't find or locate if we had one for the ladies' sport, so I figured I'd at least make one given that there are at least some interesting things to talk about, even if it may be resigned to the general thread over at the men's side.

So, let's start with this: Las Vegas women's tournament loses Dayton, Purdue, Texas A&M (espn.com)

The school up north saw what happened last month and decided "No sir, I didn't like it", opting instead to play a road game against Texas A&M.  Dayton also pulled out, and the organizers are trying to save face by claiming that the other schools involved are glad the "Power 5" schools aren't showing up, which begs the question... when did Dayton join a Power 5 conference?  They're still in the Atlantic 10, which is regarded as the biggest of the mid-majors, but saying its a Power 5 is a stretch.

Now, in fairness, here is South Point Arena: Arena Information - South Point Arena, Equestrian Center, and Exhibit Hall

It's not a reception room or dance hall; it's an actual arena with seats configured usually for rodeo events and was one of the places I pointed out as a "secondary" venue people could have gone to.  But  I think the event the Hoosiers played at ruined it for everyone due to how you just can't trust these people with organization (claiming they would be playing in a TV-ready set) or safety (leaving a concussed Auburn player for 40+ minutes) or promotion (not having anything for fans).

33 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Couldn't find or locate if we had one for the ladies' sport, so I figured I'd at least make one given that there are at least some interesting things to talk about, even if it may be resigned to the general thread over at the men's side.

So, let's start with this: Las Vegas women's tournament loses Dayton, Purdue, Texas A&M (espn.com)

The school up north saw what happened last month and decided "No sir, I didn't like it", opting instead to play a road game against Texas A&M.  Dayton also pulled out, and the organizers are trying to save face by claiming that the other schools involved are glad the "Power 5" schools aren't showing up, which begs the question... when did Dayton join a Power 5 conference?  They're still in the Atlantic 10, which is regarded as the biggest of the mid-majors, but saying its a Power 5 is a stretch.

Now, in fairness, here is South Point Arena: Arena Information - South Point Arena, Equestrian Center, and Exhibit Hall

It's not a reception room or dance hall; it's an actual arena with seats configured usually for rodeo events and was one of the places I pointed out as a "secondary" venue people could have gone to.  But  I think the event the Hoosiers played at ruined it for everyone due to how you just can't trust these people with organization (claiming they would be playing in a TV-ready set) or safety (leaving a concussed Auburn player for 40+ minutes) or promotion (not having anything for fans).

Good for those schools. Personally I feel there are WAY too many out of conference tourneys and WAY too many neutral site games. Need more home and homes between big schools. So good on Purdue and Texas A&M getting that done. 

Mack at #13 on ESPN's top 25

13. Mackenzie Holmes, Indiana

Forward | 6-foot-3 | senior | Previous ranking: NR
2022-23 stats:
 19.9 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 69.0 FG%

Holmes wasn't ranked in the preseason, but her high-level performance in the frontcourt for No. 4 Indiana made her an undeniable addition. She has been a steadying force for a Hoosiers team playing without star guard Grace Berger. Holmes ranks first in the country in field goal percentage among players who have at least 100 shot attempts, and through 13 games is shooting a career-best 69.0% percent (100-for-145) from the field. Holmes displays exceptional footwork when she gets the ball in the paint, with the ability to finish from both the left or right block. -- Hurd

On 12/6/2022 at 11:42 AM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Good for those schools. Personally I feel there are WAY too many out of conference tourneys and WAY too many neutral site games. Need more home and homes between big schools. So good on Purdue and Texas A&M getting that done. 

I would prefer more out of conference tourneys. Home and home bore me. 

20 hours ago, TTT said:

South Carolina over LSU by about 20.  LSU would probably be trying to play for about 5th place in big ten.

South Carolina up 10 at half and has only gone 7-15 from the FT line.

1 hour ago, Todd41 said:

South Carolina up 10 at half and has only gone 7-15 from the FT line.

SC won by 24.  LSU only had Reese and Morris for scoring.  Morris took 29 shots to get only 23 points and Reese took 15 shots to get her 16.  LSU only had 5 assists on 26 makes and was out rebounded 43-25.  

LSU is a good team but it was clear that their soft schedule has not helped them learn how to move the ball.

20 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Iowa is beating Rutgers 76-36 with 5 minutes to go...in the third quarter. 

99-45 early in 4th.  
fg 65%
3 ball 58%
ft 85%
Rutgers ft 100% 
Rebounds 40 to 18
surprisingly Clark 15 pts anCzinano 14