Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

They Fired Tom Allen!

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

Is his buyout similar to Crean and Archie in that any future earnings offset buyout payments?  Because if so and we hired him as DC, would he have to work for free?  

They negotiated it to a lesser payout over 2 payments so I highly doubt that it depends on future employment now. 

5 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

They negotiated it to a lesser payout over 2 payments so I highly doubt that it depends on future employment now. 

Indeed this is the case. Or at least it is from what I've read. His lessened buyout is guaranteed and not mitigated by future earnings. 

49 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

_DNBkkhR_x96.jpg

Penn State is hiring former Indiana head coach Tom Allen as their next defensive coordinator to replace Manny Diaz
Image.

I think this could work very well for both of them.  As a DC only, he can focus just on that and this is an area I think he can flourish again.  I know his defenses got weaker when he became the DC again here but I wonder if he was stretched too thin as HC.  

3 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I think this could work very well for both of them.  As a DC only, he can focus just on that and this is an area I think he can flourish again.  I know his defenses got weaker when he became the DC again here but I wonder if he was stretched too thin as HC.  

100% to your last point. He is not capable of that much responsibility at once. I think he’ll have no problem keeping them on the same level that Diaz had them on. 

25 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Allen will have enough talent at Penn St to hide his deficiencies.  

Not sure what this means, but how do you hide deficiencies against the UM's, OSU's, and USC's on the schedule. He'll either succeed or he won't, but at a big time program like PSU, you're not just going to fool everyone and "hide his deficiencies" .