Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

They Fired Tom Allen!

24 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

If Tom Allen is fired  we would assume we hear by next week- early December right? If we go 3/4weeks without hearing info that means he’s back to lead us to another 2/3 win season. I mean we would want OUR guy by January for transfer portal reasons and to re-recruit our players. Also if Tom Allen is back…. Dolson normally does an end of the season press conference? If he does would that be the time where he states “Tom Allen is our guy.” I feel like the worst case of scenario is Dolson does release a statement in the lines of “Tom Allen is our guy and is the guy I trust to turn this around…” Is there any chance Tom Allen is here next season and the year after that?

If it doesn't happen within 48 hrs., it's not a good sign.

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think it will happen by this time next Monday. I also think after we hire a new coach will see a multimillion-dollar rollout for a facilities upgrade. 

I would hope that any new prospective coach would have a list of program commitments he expects from Dolson before taking the job.  

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I would hope that any new prospective coach would have a list of program commitments he expects from Dolson before taking the job.  

I agree. I just have heard we have the facilities upgrade were ready to roll out, just not going to do it with Allen here

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think it will happen by this time next Monday. I also think after we hire a new coach will see a multimillion-dollar rollout for a facilities upgrade. 

How about spending for a coaching staff...DeBoer?  Maybe Penix will come back as a 5th-year senior.

A facilities upgrade?  Really?   Improvements to the tailgating area? 

Just now, Dave from Dayton said:

How about spending for a coaching staff...DeBoer?  Maybe Penix will come back as a 5th-year senior.

Mellencamp needs a lot of work, football only weight room and some things like that. We easily have the worst facilities. Purdue just did something like 100 million upgrade, NW did like 200 million. Have to keep up. The next head coach will get 7-9 million

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I agree. I just have heard we have the facilities upgrade were ready to roll out, just not going to do it with Allen here

Any names being floated around? Allen has a serious buyout so I would think we get a coach that has some pedigree. Have to imagine we've put feelers out to both coaches currently coaching and others who may have taken the year off.

1 minute ago, Hoosier987 said:

Any names being floated around? Allen has a serious buyout so I would think we get a coach that has some pedigree. Have to imagine we've put feelers out to both coaches currently coaching and others who may have taken the year off.

I have not. I think the buyout money will come from former players and boosters and we will be able to pay the next coach something good. But I have little faith in who we get. The only names I heard and this was after week 3 was Randle El and Justin Frye

Just now, Chris007 said:

I have not. I think the buyout money will come from former players and boosters and we will be able to pay the next coach something good. But I have little faith in who we get. The only names I heard and this was after week 3 was Randle El and Justin Frye

Agreed.  That is a big concern.

Dolson won't let Allen go without having an ace in his pocket.

(Or one would think.)

14 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Need both (staff and upgrades), but luckily that money will come from two different places so one doesn’t cancel out the other. 

Scott has the opportunity and the expertise in fundraising to really pump some life into the program. We’ll see if he seizes it. 

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

As much as I love them, neither are worth $7-$9m IMO. 

26 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

As much as I love them, neither are worth $7-$9m IMO. 

For that much they'd better be looking to bring in someone with some success. Frye is an assistant at OSU and Rabdel doesn't have any college coaching experience and just position coach in NFL.

47 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

They need to do both. The facilities are sub-par and to get a (good) new coach they'll probably need to make a commitment to him that they'll be upgraded.

They also need to pay the staff more. IU has been pretty stingy in that area and that really needs to change.

IIRC, the athletic department had over $25M in profit last year, so they have the money now. When the new TV contract money starts, they'll have even more revenue to work with.

31 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

IIRC, the athletic department had over $25M in profit last year, so they have the money now. When the new TV contract money starts, they'll have even more revenue to work with.

This is one of about 4 reasons why Allen's $20mm buyout is very overblown by our fanbase. It's not a big deal at all.