Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

They Fired Tom Allen!

3 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I just he different because I pay attention to college basketball from Nov thru April and watch it every night. As for College football I can take it or leave it. This past Saturday I watched old TV shows the I haven't seen for a long time over watching college football except for the IU game.  I couldn't care less about the bowl games because there are about 20 to many bowl games.

Here's the thing... We have not won since the 1991 Copper Bowl. 

You may not care.  But I do. I want to see us win a stupid bowl game. 

1 minute ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

I have watched IU football bror over 50 years and they have had 12 winning season and a couple .500 season. In basketball I have seen 3 national championships and basketball is my passion.  I have went to both basketball and football games at IU and there is no comparison on who has the better atmosphere.

If they told me that IU could only have football or basketball and not both it is an easy choice for me and that is basketball.

I know this isn't probably the popular choice for college fans but you can tell where the big donors at IU prefer to spend their money.  Sometimes I think it would be best for IU football that the top 30 football programs separate and leave the rest to play college football.

7 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

I care about IU in bowl games but will not watch any of the other 20+ meaningless bowl games.

2 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Pivoting another way, what coach could we attract that has the highest probability of getting us to the following somewhat modest goals:

• Bowl game 4/5 years
  • Top 20 ranking 1/4 years
  • No major embarrassing moments

Then what would it take/year to bring in such a coach and staff.

Historically, your expectations are a tad bit high for IUFB, but I think they are reasonable. I'd really enjoy this type of consistency for IUFB. 

I don't think IUFB will have issue bringing in coaches. The Big Ten is an attractive job to any coach climbing the ranks or trying to maintain the rank. You could even say that CTA's salary makes the job attractive and desired. It's not like they didn't reward him for two consecutive years of unprecedented success of the program. Stuhoo already touched upon the historical way it works for coaches at IUFB, unfortunately. 

Personally, I think the job could be a job desired if the athletic department shows some sort of commitment to the program in general. But historically, that's not what they have done.

11 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Man, IU can't even be first in this. smh

True. But to be fair, Fisher’s is 95 mil, fully guaranteed. That one is on the Rushmore of all-time $hitty contracts. 

4 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Pivoting another way, what coach could we attract that has the highest probability of getting us to the following somewhat modest goals:

• Bowl game 4/5 years
  • Top 20 ranking 1/4 years
  • No major embarrassing moments

Then what would it take/year to bring in such a coach and staff.

We could probably attract someone like Sean Lewis. He did a good job at Kent St. Won their first bowl game ever in 2019. 

57 minutes ago, DireBump said:

We could probably attract someone like Sean Lewis. He did a good job at Kent St. Won their first bowl game ever in 2019. 

This is my dream, but what he’s doing at Colorado probably makes him one of the top names in the carousel. 

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I’m a little slow on the uptake today. Is this a parody account or simply clickbait?

PJP was a legitimately great IUFB follow for a long time. Advanced stats, game previews/breakdowns, etc. They announced last year that life had got in the way and they were done covering the team like they had been. 

It appears that, while life may have got in the way, they’re also just done with the Tom Allen Era lol. Not a parody account, but a parody blog post for sure. Their blurb about Allen’s “blocking” seems to be poignant as well. 

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I’m a little slow on the uptake today. Is this a parody account or simply clickbait?

I would say its satire. For heaven's sake; he applauded CTA for letting Walt Bell go so he can have more time with his newborn child.

The guy came back from a year hiatus just to write this.

36 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

I would say its satire. For heaven's sake; he applauded CTA for letting Walt Bell go so he can have more time with his newborn child.

The guy came back from a year hiatus just to write this.

It's my favorite part.

Screenshot_20231009-120408-286.png

If T.A. continues as head coach how many significant IU players go to transfer portal??? And musical chairs begin…for lack of talent trade-ins.  

I guess some may stay rather than set out a year due to second transfer.  (Sadly, some players may have lost their love for the game and feel like just quitting after just getting pummeled every weekend after putting in all the time and effort).