Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU/Kentucky Series to Resume

16 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

So was DePaul in late 70s, early 80s with Ray Meyer at the helm and players like Mark Aguirre.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I think it was like 3 straight years that DePaul was a 1 seed in the tournament and lost in their first game. They had the bye each time so it was like losing in the second round now.

3 hours ago, hper50 said:

Agreed. I've always thought a Crossroads Classic-esque MTE with IU, PU, UK and UL at Lucas Oil would be awesome. So much $$$ would be brought into downtown Indy that weekend

That would provide some interesting rooting interests in the stands for the fans of the two teams not playing. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I think it was like 3 straight years that DePaul was a 1 seed in the tournament and lost in their first game. They had the bye each time so it was like losing in the second round now.

Yep, three straight years.

5 hours ago, hper50 said:

Agreed. I've always thought a Crossroads Classic-esque MTE with IU, PU, UK and UL at Lucas Oil would be awesome. So much $$$ would be brought into downtown Indy that weekend

Honestly I wouldn't want Purdue to be part of this. We'll never root for them, and they'll never root for us. It would also benefit their recruiting to be part of an event like this which I don't like.

Swap Purdue for Michigan maybe and I'd be cool with it.

On 10/13/2022 at 12:07 PM, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'm happy that they are going to resume playing. I'd like to go as the wife is a pUKe fan but I'm sure the tickets will be $$$. Hope this means the NCAA can stop putting us in the same region for the tournament on purpose. They are probably dying to put IU and UK in Louisville this March. 

Similar situation here. My wife and her family are big UK fans. It was awesome for the first 6-7 years of our marriage because they played each other every year. We'd all get together and give each other grief. I think the last game we watched was the NCAA tourney game in 2012 if I'm not mistaken. Has it been 10 years already???

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Kind of helped IU in 81 because we could have played them in the regional finals instead of St. Joseph 

UAB over Kentucky?

3 hours ago, Rico said:

UAB over Kentucky?

That region 3 of the top 4 seeds lost in their first game. I think the other was BC over Wake Forrest

St. Joseph over Depaul 

UAB over UK 

BC over Wake Forrest 

Lone exception was 3 seed IU over Maryland 99-64

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That region 3 of the top 4 seeds lost in their first game. I think the other was BC over Wake Forrest

St. Joseph over Depaul 

UAB over UK 

BC over Wake Forrest 

I remember that but think that '81 team would have rolled anyone in front of them. By tourney time they were nearly unbeatable.

1 hour ago, Napleshoosier said:

Love you all!  But really think UK sucks!  Lol. Just me. I could say so much more about the Squid, but I won’t !  Fun as all get out to beat those pieces of doggie dodo !  Which they are!  Go Hoosiers!

Good to hear from you! Hope all is well, at least as much as possible, after Ian. Was thinking about you and other IU people down there as I watched it on television. Can't even imagine.

51 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Good to hear from you! Hope all is well, at least as much as possible, after Ian. Was thinking about you and other IU people down there as I watched it on television. Can't even imagine.

Thanks buddy!  I’m a still here! Lol. Those storms are brutal to be honest.  Been through a lot of them. None fun!  My home is fine. Boat not so good I think!  Love it here though !  

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

St. Joseph over Depaul 

UAB over UK 

BC over Wake Forrest 

I had forgotten about Wake being in the Region along with Maryland.  The ACC got 4 teams in that year.

2 hours ago, Rico said:

I had forgotten about Wake being in the Region along with Maryland.  The ACC got 4 teams in that year.

I think one of the best games I have seen IU play was against Maryland in the 81 tournament 

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think one of the best games I have seen IU play was against Maryland in the 81 tournament 

Yep.  We destroyed a damn good Maryland team.

19 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

Honestly I wouldn't want Purdue to be part of this. We'll never root for them, and they'll never root for us. It would also benefit their recruiting to be part of an event like this which I don't like.

Swap Purdue for Michigan maybe and I'd be cool with it.

I hate Michigan more than I hate Purdue. I cannot stand when Michigan comes into indiana and steals our talent. 10 times out of 10, when we miss on a recruit, id rather them choose Purdue over Michigan. 

2 hours ago, Rico said:

Yep.  We destroyed a damn good Maryland team.

I have re watched that gave a couple of times and after getting down 8-0 they steamed roll them. Maryland had two legit NBA players in Albert King and Buck Williams