Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

2022 NCAA Tournament / Bracket Reveal

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Just some numbers....

Since the addition of the First Four games, only two teams have reached the Final Four. VCU as an 11 seed in 2011, the first tournament with an expanded field. Then again last year, in 2021, UCLA as an 11 seed seed reached the Final Four. 

First Four winners are a combined 18-20 once in the field of 64. Power Conference teams(ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Big East, SEC, Pac12) are 9-10 and non power conference teams are also 9-10. Among the 20 teams, there have been 11 first round exits, 3 second round exits, 3 S16 exits and 2 Final Four exits. Among Power Conference teams there have been 6 1st round exits, 2 S16 exits and a Final Four exit. 

So we will see where Indiana adds to the list WHEN we win tomorrow night. 

18-20 as 11 and 12 seeds is really good considering they start out against 5 and 6.

So according to Matt Norlander, as of last night at 10pm MST, Colorado State had not received their NCAA itinerary nor plan tix to travel to Indy to play Michigan on Thursday at 12:15 pm. They were finally notified near midnight that their flight was at 9:50 am. Said that most teams were informed of their travel accommodations early yesterday.

There are additional travel snafus by the NCAA and they are casting blame on the lack of Captains to fly planes.

So Michigan, gets in with a 17-14 record, first game is just a few hours away for campus, now their opponent is having travel issues and won't likely get to their hotel until after 2 pm today. Move along, Nothing to see here, Move along!

57 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

So according to Matt Norlander, as of last night at 10pm MST, Colorado State had not received their NCAA itinerary nor plan tix to travel to Indy to play Michigan on Thursday at 12:15 pm. They were finally notified near midnight that their flight was at 9:50 am. Said that most teams were informed of their travel accommodations early yesterday.

There are additional travel snafus by the NCAA and they are casting blame on the lack of Captains to fly planes.

So Michigan, gets in with a 17-14 record, first game is just a few hours away for campus, now their opponent is having travel issues and won't likely get to their hotel until after 2 pm today. Move along, Nothing to see here, Move along!

I still think IU and Michigan should have been flipped in the bracket 

11 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I still think IU and Michigan should have been flipped in the bracket 

Michigan non-conference:

SOS 127 W

SOS 282 W

SOS 35 L

SOS 86 W

SOS 2 L

SOS 208 W

SOS 29 L

SOS 22 W

SOS 170 W

SOS 106 L

Indiana non-conference:

SOS 314 W

SOS 294 W

SOS 61 W

SOS 181 W

SOS 277 W

SOS 238 W

SOS 76 L

SOS 300 W

SOS 52 W

SOS 195 W

-----

Breaking it down, IU's best wins were against SOS 52 and 61, Michigan was 22 and 86.  Really pretty even there, so let's call those two games a wash.  Michigan had a win against an SOS of 282, IU a win against SOS 277.....so let's remove those as well since they are even.  Michigan's win against SOS 170 we will cancel out with IU's SOS 181.  The 208 win by Michigan is pretty close to IU's 195, so let's remove those as well.  That leaves:

Michigan:  SOS L 2, SOS L 29, SOS L 35, SOS L 106, SOS W 127

IU:  SOS L 76, SOS W 314, SOS 294 W, SOS 300 W, SOS 238 W

You can decide on your own which you feel is more impressive.  Neither of the remaining slates to compare are very good.  Michigan had a home win against Buffalo and lost to three quality teams and one okay team;  IU lost to a a team that was better than Michigan beat and then beat four not good teams.  It's personal preference at that point.....personally I'm not a fan of a team that is 3 games above .500 overall, but to each his own.  Rutgers getting seeded ahead of Indiana to me was the one that didn't make sense, but even if we had their spot we would be in the play in.

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Michigan non-conference:

SOS 127 W

SOS 282 W

SOS 35 L

SOS 86 W

SOS 2 L

SOS 208 W

SOS 29 L

SOS 22 W

SOS 170 W

SOS 106 L

Indiana non-conference:

SOS 314 W

SOS 294 W

SOS 61 W

SOS 181 W

SOS 277 W

SOS 238 W

SOS 76 L

SOS 300 W

SOS 52 W

SOS 195 W

-----

Breaking it down, IU's best wins were against SOS 52 and 61, Michigan was 22 and 86.  Really pretty even there, so let's call those two games a wash.  Michigan had a win against an SOS of 282, IU a win against SOS 277.....so let's remove those as well since they are even.  Michigan's win against SOS 170 we will cancel out with IU's SOS 181.  The 208 win by Michigan is pretty close to IU's 195, so let's remove those as well.  That leaves:

You can decide on your own which you feel is more impressive.  Neither of the remaining slates to compare are very good.  Michigan had a home win against Buffalo and lost to three quality teams and one okay team;  IU lost to a a team that was better than Michigan beat and then beat three not good teams.  It's personal preference at that point.....personally I'm not a fan of a team that is 3 games above .500 overall, but to each his own.  Rutgers getting seeded ahead of Indiana to me was the one that didn't make sense, but even if we had their spot we would be in the play in.

But Rutgers fans are not running their mouths on social media about their strength of schedule! Most of it is comical when they get called out though, been having some good laughs at the ignorant responses, lol!

30 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Michigan non-conference:

SOS 127 W

SOS 282 W

SOS 35 L

SOS 86 W

SOS 2 L

SOS 208 W

SOS 29 L

SOS 22 W

SOS 170 W

SOS 106 L

Indiana non-conference:

SOS 314 W

SOS 294 W

SOS 61 W

SOS 181 W

SOS 277 W

SOS 238 W

SOS 76 L

SOS 300 W

SOS 52 W

SOS 195 W

-----

You can decide on your own which you feel is more impressive.  Neither of the remaining slates to compare are very good.  Michigan had a home win against Buffalo and lost to three quality teams and one okay team;  IU lost to a a team that was better than Michigan beat and then beat four not good teams.  It's personal preference at that point.....personally I'm not a fan of a team that is 3 games above .500 overall, but to each his own.  Rutgers getting seeded ahead of Indiana to me was the one that didn't make sense, but even if we had their spot we would be in the play in.

To me, Michigan had a higher strength of schedule but they lost those games.  It isn’t impressive if they result in a loss!

Richmond apparently stole Dayton's bid by winning the A-10 tourney. They're also a 12, and finished sixth in that conference. I would think finishing ninth in the B1G is better than sixth in the A-10. 

Why not put Richmond in the play-in game? Had they not won Sunday,, they wouldn't even be in.

4 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Richmond apparently stole Dayton's bid by winning the A-10 tourney. They're also a 12, and finished sixth in that conference. I would think finishing ninth in the B1G is better than sixth in the A-10. 

Why not put Richmond in the play-in game? Had they not won Sunday,, they wouldn't even be in.

First four games are for the last four at large teams. Richmond got an auto-bid.

3 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

To me, Michigan had a higher strength of schedule but they lost those games.  It isn’t impressive if they result in a loss!

I agree.  I understand that you don't know to win as many games against better competition to be the better team -- i.e, going 3-2 against quad 1 teams is better than 5-0 against quad 3 -- but IMO in the case of Michigan they were rewarded for simply playing good teams and losing.

8 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

The Wright St pseudo home game should be fun. Let's see how lippy those Bryant kids get now.

I'm guessing USA basketball shirt guy won't be sitting next to **** talking shirtless guy next game.  (about the 1:05 to 1:15 mark)

14 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I agree.  I understand that you don't know to win as many games against better competition to be the better team -- i.e, going 3-2 against quad 1 teams is better than 5-0 against quad 3 -- but IMO in the case of Michigan they were rewarded for simply playing good teams and losing.

They were rewarded for winning road games against teams that got in the field as well.  IU didn’t beat 1 team on the road against a tournament quality team.  I didn’t agree with it but I understood why.  Michigan was the last bye. All bubble B1G teams were in the same cluster at the end