Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ O$U - 2/21/22 @ 7:00 on FS1-TV

1 minute ago, AKHoosier said:

Not happening.

The type of transfers we need aren't going to a school that hasn't made the tournament since 2016. They want to win now. 

Arizona, Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina type of programs eat first, then we're left trying to solve our problems with the Evan Fitzners of the world.

Don't convince yourself we're going to find some under the radar player who comes in averaging 18 and 12 next year. 

I’m not. Just saying we need to in order to get better next year. We will be losing a lot. 

Another bad night to be an Indiana fan. XJ gets left wide open all OT from 3 and can’t or won’t take the shot. It’s frustrating when your starting guards are so inconsistent they don’t have to be guarded from 3.

But drives inside into 3 players and NEVER finishes.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

8 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

This years team was a tournament team. Easily. We are going to win AT BEST 1 more game this season. What an epic collapse. A good enough coaching staff can avoid these types of failures. 

No it wasn’t.  We have inferior talent.  

I told my wife that if I was watching a scripted basketball show that had this many stupid last minute losses, I’d call it unrealistic. Probably forgetting some:

1. Didn’t get a shot off in a tie vs. syracuse

2. blew a 22 point lead at WI

3. curfew suspensions lead to NW loss*

4 and 5. Back-to-back collapses vs. WI and @ OSU

*might’ve been discussed but I wondered at the time (and still do) if half-game suspensions might’ve been better for first offenders. 

1 minute ago, Geometry Hoosier Take Two said:

Hey, I’ve got 6 hrs in and 10hrs left to go on my union job. I’m going to go ahead and bed down for the night and when I get fired, I’ll tell them Brass Cannon on BTown Banners said it was okay and that I wouldn’t get fired. 

Pretty crappy union if true.  

6 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Brad Jesus Stevens ain’t coming.  It’s Woody or bust.  We just don’t have the horses right now.  Even Woodson said in a recent presser they where struggling with the ball screen offense.   

Bingo!  We don’t have a go to guy like Davis who can take over a game and create his own shot.  We make dumb play after dumb play down the stretch!  We have a point guard who is bipolar and our best 3 point shooters are more catch and shoot guys and one of them can’t hit at all from deep.  We have a flawed roster that was primarily put together by the previous coaching staff.

11 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I honestly think it’s too late after year 1.  But what do I know. Just saw this coming way back when we were struggling against Nebraska at home 

A good buddy of mine went with me to the first game of the year against Eastern Michigan and told me that this team isn’t going to the tournament this year. We almost lost that game. Was a bad omen. We should be demolishing teams like that at home. 

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Another bad night to be an Indiana fan. XJ gets left wide open all OT from 3 and can’t or won’t take the shot. It’s frustrating when your starting guards are so inconsistent they don’t have to be guarded from 3.

But drives inside into 3 players and NEVER finishes.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Yeah I said this up thread when the offense was terrible the first third of the game, but at some point it’s better to take off-the-dribble 3s early in the clock every possession than drive into sure turnovers or closer misses. 

11 minutes ago, str8baller said:

IU doesn’t play in the AAC either. Completely irrelevant. Nor the Big 12 or Pac 10 for that matter.  

He’s not good enough to handle the prime time. He proved that while he was here. 

He’s a great mid major coach. He should stay there. Like Archie. 

Lol what? We were 22-4, 11-2 in the conference, and #14 in the country when our holier than thou administration fired him. That was his second season. He made it to the round of 32 his first season. He had missed the memo that it takes four years to get the program in the right direction. 

Sampson is the kind of coach that wins in college basketball. See Bruce Pearl at Auburn (and basically every other successful school in the country). 

His only problem was that he recruited some guys who were troublemakers. The administration could’ve worked with him to change that, but instead we fired him and then tattled on ourselves. I don’t want a choir boy as our head coach. I want a winner. Woody is a nice guy, but he’s not cut out for this job. 

5 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

He’s a good coach but he broke the rules and got us on probation which set us back plus his players were troublemakers and many had drug problems.  That is a coach who should have never been hired at IU in the first place.  What he did to this university, I can’t believe people wanted him back.  He’s the primary reason we are in this mess in the first place.

IU did it to IU, they self reported and self sanctioned. Yes, the program was a mess behind the scenes but probation etc was on IU.  IU is the reason we're in this mess.

2 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Bingo!  We don’t have a go to guy like Davis who can take over a game and create his own shot.  We make dumb play after dumb play down the stretch!  We have a point guard who is bipolar and our best 3 point shooters are more catch and shoot guys and one of them can’t hit at all from deep.  We have a flawed roster that was primarily put together by the previous coaching staff.

We didn’t need a guy to take over today. We just needed not to Jack two stupid shots and to play basic defense.  You don’t need a stud to do that 

3 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Sampson literally made a FF last season. Lol. His 2nd with 2 programs. And he would have made multiple with Indiana. He was absolutely rolling on the recruiting side of things and had the team playing top 10 basketball. 

Yea, I think his FF blowout loss got forgotten by your truly. I didn’t forget him getting worked by mike davis tho. 

Not prime time. Awful coach for IU basketball. 

Just now, str8baller said:

Yea, I think his FF blowout loss got forgotten by your truly. I didn’t forget him getting worked by mike davis tho. 

Not prime time. Awful coach for IU basketball. 

everyone is entitled to their wrong opinions. Lol.