Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs UNC Asheville - CANCELED

1 hour ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Ugh, that sucks. I'm definitely considering the 120% credit b/c it will be good through the game at Kansas next season, though I expect the credit won't even cover half the price of those tickets. 

Yeah the credit is good until December 31st, 2022 I believe. 

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Who wants to play IU this week?!?  :{<)

Selfishly I hope they get to play.  I’m sure the team wants a game badly.  Hopefully it works out.  And if not, I’ll just hope for the best going forward. NCAA may want to start looking at viral load and contagiousness. 

I would guess committee will reduce the number of games required to make the tournament just like they did last year.   If I was a team that had a bye late in the year I would hold off in scheduling another game and see where my team was at in regards to making the tourney.   If I was solidly in I would just not make the game up.   If I needed another resume building win I would fill a non conference game during the bye week with another team looking for a resume building win. 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Valpo U. had a game scheduled for tonight that was canceled, but its game Saturday is on -- making me think it's an issue with Prairie View A&M. 

Bring the Beacons on down to B-town! 

Last time we played Valpo was... *checks records*  more than 20 years ago?!

7 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Last time we played Valpo was... *checks records*  more than 20 years ago?!

I didn't realize (1) Eron Gordon was still in college and (2) he played on Valpo...fascinating.

2 years at Seton Hall + 3 years at Valpo + 1 year, sitting out the 2019 season due to transfer rules at the time

Guy was a Crean recruit - yikes!

2 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

I didn't realize (1) Eron Gordon was still in college and (2) he played on Valpo...fascinating.

2 years at Seton Hall + 3 years at Valpo + 1 year, sitting out the 2019 season due to transfer rules at the time

Guy was a Crean recruit - yikes!

A guy we wanted real bad lol!

Penn State's game with Delaware State for tomorrow is also cancelled.  This was cancelled due to positives in the Delaware State program, although Micah Shrewsbury stated that not all Penn State players were out of covid protocol and that they would have been playing with whoever had cleared.

That's Penn State's third cancellation in a row, so if the game is played on Jan 2nd, our 11 day layoff is still ten days less than what Penn State will have had (along with players missing practice time in there as well).

19 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

According to a program spokesman, IU is not looking for a replacement for UNC Asheville.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-mens-basketball-game-vs-unc-asheville-canceled/

Always the path of least resistance for this program. Bellarmine could make a bus trip here and go home the same day, but we'd rather just sit on our hands. 

Penn State's game with Delaware State for tomorrow is also cancelled.  This was cancelled due to positives in the Delaware State program, although Micah Shrewsbury stated that not all Penn State players were out of covid protocol and that they would have been playing with whoever had cleared.
That's Penn State's third cancellation in a row, so if the game is played on Jan 2nd, our 11 day layoff is still ten days less than what Penn State will have had (along with players missing practice time in there as well).

I think I’m liking that they’ve been off for so long, should give us an advantage. Unless them being off so long provides more rest and not a lot of rest.

Damn, this is difficult. What do we think?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Always the path of least resistance for this program. Bellarmine could make a bus trip here and go home the same day, but we'd rather just sit on our hands. 

As a fan, I want to see a game.  As a coach, there is nothing to be gained by playing Bellarmine on short notice but there are things to lose.  

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I think I’m liking that they’ve been off for so long, should give us an advantage. Unless them being off so long provides more rest and not a lot of rest.

Damn, this is difficult. What do we think?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I would say that type of break is not good, especially given that it sounds like they've guys in and out of covid protocol.  We're 17 days since their last games and they still have guys in protocol, so they likely haven't practiced much together as a full team.  Considering they only play an eight man rotation, that's not good.

8 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

As a fan, I want to see a game.  As a coach, there is nothing to be gained by playing Bellarmine on short notice but there are things to lose.  

I have a hard time believing Woodson doesn't want to play a team ranked #218 on Kenpom on short notice because he's afraid of losing. 

A lot of fans got hosed by this decision. For some people, it was a Christmas gift to their kids. It just irks me that Kentucky can handle this like pros twice in two weeks but we do nothing. 

15 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Overreact much? 2 months is a long time and Omicron cases are already decreasing rapidly in Africa where it started

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

*******not a political post**********

The IMHE has been pretty right on the money in terms of their projections.  They are projecting that infections will peak out during the last week on January, daily deaths in the first week of February but that during the month of February daily infections will end the month at about half the rate they started at the month and daily deaths will drop by a quarter during the month and then decrease rapidly in March.  Hospital resources are supposed to be the biggest issue, peaking really high in mid February but then declining at a decent rate.

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

I have a hard time believing Woodson doesn't want to play a team ranked #218 on Kenpom on short notice because he's afraid of losing. 

A lot of fans got hosed by this decision. For some people, it was a Christmas gift to their kids. It just irks me that Kentucky can handle this like pros twice in two weeks but we do nothing. 

I understand the getting hosed -- I had tickets to the Big Ten tournament in 2020.  In terms of the potential of losing or not playing well because a team was underscouted -- why take the risk? 

Kentucky had a different situation where they knew for quite a few days that their opponent couldn't play.  Straight from Calipari's mouth (although he lied in the same interview when he said his team would always 'play anyone, anywhere, any time')

"Let's just say this. You're down three games, you're not making them up. And if there's 10 days, seven days when you know you're not playing and you're not going to make up those games, we need to just replace them."