Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Just a question of whether IU pushes for him or not.    They want a big and shooter. Personally I would take him but not sure how high of priority he is for the staff currently 

We will have four spots guaranteed to replace X, Kopp, Race, Trayce. So far two guards in the fold.

For sure need a big; a shooter is a higher priority too. 

I think it's a five player class, and that we will not turn down the opportunity to lock up Coen as soon as possible. Because ultimately, we will always succeed with players that can be defensive freaks, and Coen Carr is that and more.

On3 talked with a handful of prospects about how their recruiting is going.

4-star Coen Carr (SF)

On3 Consensus Ranking: No. 54
Legacy Early College (SC) | Class of 2023

Which schools are recruiting you the hardest?
Vanderbilt, Indiana, Cincinnati, Tennessee State, Tennessee.

What schools would you like to visit? 
UConn, Cincinnati, LSU, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, NC State.

Did you have a dream school growing up? 
Oregon.

Which college coach would you say you’ve formed the closest relationship with and why?
Coach Stackhouse (Vanderbilt) because he’s been to the NBA and he played by position at the highest level. Also, Coach Ya (Yasir Rosemond) at Indiana because I’ve known him since I was a freshman.

Is there anybody you’d like to team up with in college or is anyone recruiting you to join them?
Stephon Castle (UConn) and Gabe Cupps (Indiana) have been recruiting me a lot.  

1 hour ago, Gnet550 said:

Maybe the staff told him we would take his commitment? Lol I doubt it, but I wouldn’t be mad

I think we need a SF. 

He did say IU has been one of the most in touch, and he's known Coach Ya since his frosh year. 

I agree things have been quiet from an IU perspective. And the recent offers and timing likely mean IU is not it. 

I think we need a SF. 
He did say IU has been one of the most in touch, and he's known Coach Ya since his frosh year. 
I agree things have been quiet from an IU perspective. And the recent offers and timing likely mean IU is not it. 

It all seems MSU from what I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If it is indeed Michigan St. I will be very intrigued how their class translates to the college level. Several prospects that we recruited but bailed on or didn't land for behind the scenes reasons. 

6 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

I think IU will come to regret not sticking with Coen Carr. I predict he will become another Draymond Green.

I don't think he is a good enough shooter to fit with this roster. I love what he brings in toughness and defense but that's kind of what Galloway brings. If we can add shooters to what we already have, we can be a national player.

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yup. At least the timing would suggest. 

3 hours ago, cthomas said:

I don't think he is a good enough shooter to fit with this roster. I love what he brings in toughness and defense but that's kind of what Galloway brings. If we can add shooters to what we already have, we can be a national player.

Perhaps, but teams need bouncy spark plugs too. And shooting can improve. Not saying he's a can't miss prospect, but there's plenty to like. 

11 hours ago, Southside said:

I don't think he is a good enough shooter to fit with this roster

Perhaps. The problem is IU is likely to lose out on the shooters it has targeted--Kaiser and Power.  Carr seems a lot like Jordan Geronimo. Teams find a way to productively use players like them.

15 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Perhaps. The problem is IU is likely to lose out on the shooters it has targeted--Kaiser and Power.  Carr seems a lot like Jordan Geronimo. Teams find a way to productively use players like them.

FYI - that was not my quote.