Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

7 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

I think your bias has overcome your logic.... but what do I know.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

Some people’s logic has certainly been overcome, but it isn’t mine. There’s zero logic to a Mike Woodson hire. And if he hadn’t played at IU 40+ years ago, you would agree with me. 

It’s pretty impressive seeing how quiet this search has really been. Dolson is doing a good job in my opinion. 

Which is why it’s going to be Steve Kerr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So going from winning 16% of your games in his first year, then going 32%, 37%, 45%, 57%, 65% had nothing to do with coaching...

Oooookay...

In the Knicks interim season, he took over for a guy who's considered a pretty fair coach and won as many games in 24 games as D'Antoni did in 42, and then winning the division the next year is not good coaching? 

The Hawks liked his coaching so much that they fired him after winning 65% of his games in 2010. 

Just now, Indiana8585 said:

No having 3 winning seasons in 8 full years isn’t good. I don’t care how many stats you put up because a losing record is still....... a losing record. Oooook

Oh so the one winning season is supposed to be impressive? How’d he do after that? If he’s so great like you keep saying why hasn’t he been hired in the last 7 years as head coach??????

Musselman had 3 losing seasons in 3 seasons in the NBA. At the Hawks, the wins went from 13 to 26 to 30 to 37 to 47 to 53 (an average improvement of 5 games per season). 

If the Hawks had not fired him, they would probably win 108 games this year!

2 minutes ago, Evariste Galois said:

Musselman had 3 losing seasons in 3 seasons in the NBA. At the Hawks, the wins went from 13 to 26 to 30 to 37 to 47 to 53 (an average improvement of 5 games per season). 

Awesome! How the hell do you win 108 games in a 82 game schedule 

3 minutes ago, Evariste Galois said:

If you think Woodson is a good candidate then my oh my have the expectations fallen. As an alum it’s sad to see how bad we’ve become and this type of hire would be the end. 

2 minutes ago, Evariste Galois said:

And won 9 fewer games the next year...

Who cares he’s had 3 winning seasons in 8. Please tell me how that’s good? Oh wait because Musselman flamed out went to Nevada and then Arkansas so it’s got to work with Woodson right? 

1 minute ago, Indiana8585 said:

Awesome! How the hell do you win 108 games in a 82 game schedule 

The math does not lie... 11 times 5 = 55 + 53 = 108 games.

What was that I learned about extrapolation? I am sure it is not important!

1 minute ago, Evariste Galois said:

And won 9 fewer games the next year...

And yet they didn’t decide to bring him back that next year. Let’s just be real here. You and others think Mike Woodson would be a good hire because he went to IU. I know it, you know it, we all know it. And that’s fine. People can want what they want in a coach.  But it’s silly for us to sit here and pretend that his 3 winning records in 8 full seasons as a head coach are double check pluses in his favor. 

1 minute ago, Indiana8585 said:

If you think Woodson is a good candidate then my oh my have the expectations fallen. As an alum it’s sad to see how bad we’ve become and this type of hire would be the end. 

The thing is, we see the guys on TV and can look up their records but we have not met them or heard them outline their plan. It might be that Woody has the most realistic plan and he blows Dolson away when they meet. 

Maybe he talks with Beard or Drew or Coach X and thinks this guy is a jerk or creep or full of himself and won’t work here at IU. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

And yet they didn’t decide to bring him back that next year. Let’s just be real here. You and others think Mike Woodson would be a good hire because he went to IU. I know it, you know it, we all know it. And that’s fine. People can want what they want in a coach.  But it’s silly for us to sit here and pretend that his 3 winning records in 8 full seasons as a head coach are double check pluses in his favor. 

*what absolutely no one said.

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

The thing is, we see the guys on TV and can look up their records but we have not met them or heard them outline their plan. It might be that Woody has the most realistic plan and he blows Dolson away when they meet. 

Maybe he talks with Beard or Drew or Coach X and thinks this guy is a jerk or creep or full of himself and won’t work here at IU. 

No we also have stats and records, if you think a guy with 3 winning seasons in 8 is somehow a good candidate then that’s on you. I for one don’t want a coach who’s not been successful in the nba plus has no college coaching experience. 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

*what absolutely no one said.

Then why would he? No one can give any other reason other than he was an unsuccessful nba coach on here. Please give one reason he makes a good candidate beside playing at IU? 

2 minutes ago, Indiana8585 said:

No we also have stats and records, if you think a guy with 3 winning seasons in 8 is somehow a good candidate then that’s on you. I for one don’t want a coach who’s not been successful in the nba plus has no college coaching experience. 

And why can't he get another NBA HC job if he's so great?

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

When he is responsible for 66% of the Knicks winning seasons over the last 20 years... yes maybe.