Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

5 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I wonder how that’s calculated. Looks like you get some points for beating up inferior competition. I think any list that doesn’t have Tony Bennett in the top ten is a little suspect. In the last ten seasons in the same conference as legends at Duke and UNC, he won at least a share of the conference 6x and an NCAA title.  

He’s from the midwest and still heavily recruits here. And it seems uva is struggling a little in the new NiL/transfer era, so I wouldn’t even be surprised if a big school could make a run at him.

But in the never ending saga of IU f-ups apparently we made an enemy of the Bennetts by firing his sister. If this program didn’t have bad luck, we wouldn’t have any luck at all. Lol

I'm sure Bennett would be successful anywhere he goes, but after watching Archie/Woodson's philosophy for the last half-decade+ I'm firmly in the camp of getting an offensive oriented coach. My assessment of Bennett could be off, not an expert or even mediocre at knowing other league's coaches, but I do know that I love when the ball goes in the hoop and strongly dislike 50-52 score games. 

I'll reiterate this again, as I'm sure I'll do 100 more times over the next 16 months: TOM CREAN OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR (not a joke) hire me

26 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Great job @cybergates I think time is cyclical and IU can only be prominent again for fixing the mistakes of the past.

Candidates in order: 

1. Kelvin Sampson - he gets a blank check and an apology letter

2. Tom Crean - he gets $2.5M/yr and an apology letter

3. Brad Stevens - he gets to fill in his own salary, a new car yearly for him + all eligible drivers in his immediate family, free apparel for him+family anywhere in Bloomington, and eminent domain is enacted for any property in the state of Indiana that Brad wants. If he hangs a banner, any building on campus gets renamed to his choosing + he gets a lifetime contract at $10M/yr. 

4. Loaded Chicken Sandwich: he gets $200k + $2M to fill assistant coaching spots and a used 1999 Toyota Corolla w/ IU bumper sticker

Dang I should be the AD if LCS gets to be HC :farting_smiley:

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm sorry to break it to you but we are bundling you, Indy, & Scotty to trade to Wisconsin for a bag of used basketballs and an old pair of Chuck Taylors. I hope you understand. If you raise your game we might bring you back in the portal next year but not those other two. 

Would you re-assess that trade if I told you that @Loaded Chicken Sandwich, per actual video footage from a few years ago, can without question make open jump shots?

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Would you re-assess that trade if I told you that @Loaded Chicken Sandwich, per actual video footage from a few years ago, can without question make open jump shots?

Yes I would but I remember seeing that footage too. It was kinda of grainy like most bigfoot videos. Might have been doctored.

Bigfoot - Wikipedia

8 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Great job @cybergates I think time is cyclical and IU can only be prominent again for fixing the mistakes of the past.

Candidates in order: 

1. Kelvin Sampson - he gets a blank check and an apology letter

2. Tom Crean - he gets $2.5M/yr and an apology letter

3. Brad Stevens - he gets to fill in his own salary, a new car yearly for him + all eligible drivers in his immediate family, free apparel for him+family anywhere in Bloomington, and eminent domain is enacted for any property in the state of Indiana that Brad wants. If he hangs a banner, any building on campus gets renamed to his choosing + he gets a lifetime contract at $10M/yr. 

4. Loaded Chicken Sandwich: he gets $200k + $2M to fill assistant coaching spots and a used 1999 Toyota Corolla w/ IU bumper sticker

Dang I should be the AD if LCS gets to be HC :farting_smiley:

Is that bumper sticker booster provided?

5 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

I'll reiterate this again, as I'm sure I'll do 100 more times over the next 16 months: TOM CREAN OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR (not a joke) hire me

Basketball doesn’t work that way, Crean would unironically be a horrible “off coordinator” or any other thing that involved x’s and o’s.  

What you object to with Bennett is pace. Gross score is just “possessions x off eff.” His teams are typically very efficient but he keeps pace low. This is smart when you have less talent than the other team, which he usually did in a conf with Duke and UNC. I believe if he had IU level talent you’d see him let his teams run a little more much like Bo Ryan let has last few UW teams do when he finally had 5-star talent and made a couple FF’s.  

He’s UVA’s point totals from their title run: 

53 - against an athletic oregon team where UVA couldn’t hit a shot they ground out narrow defensive victory

They only had 3 games in the 50s in the regular season that year and won all 3. But he had good senior guards (one from Indiana) and he trust them to push it more. 

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I can go 20/20 from the stripe too.  I am available as the team shot ‘doctor’ and team dentist if necessary.  I’m willing to work with LCS if need be. 

I would bet our offensive rebounding numbers are improved in 1 game.  

Free mouthpieces for everyone. If they have it in, they can't yell at the ref. You're hired

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm sorry to break it to you but we are bundling you, Indy, & Scotty to trade to Wisconsin for a bag of used basketballs and an old pair of Chuck Taylors. I hope you understand. If you raise your game we might bring you back in the portal next year but not those other two. 

It’s been a long time since I’ve supported an athletic department who gave a sh*t like Wisconsin, miss that feeling.

If the trade does go down at least let somebody legit break it and not some wannabe. Please?

2 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Basketball doesn’t work that way, Crean would unironically be a horrible “off coordinator” or any other thing that involved x’s and o’s.  

What you object to with Bennett is pace. Gross score is just “possessions x off eff.” His teams are typically very efficient but he keeps pace low. This is smart when you have less talent than the other team, which he usually did in a conf with Duke and UNC. I believe if he had IU level talent you’d see him let his teams run a little more much like Bo Ryan let has last few UW teams do when he finally had 5-star talent and made a couple FF’s.  

He’s UVA’s point totals from their title run: 

53 - against an athletic oregon team where UVA couldn’t hit a shot they ground out narrow defensive victory

They only had 3 games in the 50s in the regular season that year and won all 3. But he had good senior guards (one from Indiana) and he trust them to push it more. 

An informative, educational, and not protagonist response. That's great, thank you for not attacking my lack of basketball IQ and instead educating with a data-driven response. Hope others see this and tailor their own responses throughout the board. Stuff like this is what I love about BtownBanners - the personal attacks and instigative responses I do not enjoy. 5 stars @str8baller

Unlikely but maybe Tommy Lloyd? Granted Arizona is a basketball school but the athletic department is broke right now. They just lost their football coach since they wouldn't match his contract. Offer him like 5.5 million and he's getting a big raise. He's shown he can win big at this level. Obviously needs some more post season success but I think that is more random than consistent regular season success. Plus it would make Jeff Goodman furious which is always fun.