Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 minute ago, Napleshoosier said:

Naw, was watching other games. Didn’t see any of it.

It was bad.  I was like people want this dude.  Checked his stats to see who they played after that and was like he didn’t have a success against the higher level teams he played against.  

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Napleshoosier said:

I did see the Hatters play FGCU here this year.

He is good for that level but once he goes out of it I see at best a backup.  But then is the lack of defense worth the offense that he could potentially generate.  I say no. 

Edited by IUGRAD06

5 hours ago, IUGRAD06 said:

It was bad.  I was like people want this dude.  Checked his stats to see who they played after that and was like he didn’t have a success against the higher level teams he played against.  

That’s BS. Blackmon against P5 opponents prior to yesterday:

Houston #1 KenPom D: 4/13 3/7 from 3 11 points—guarded by Jamal Shead the best on-ball defender in college basketball

UCF #17 KenPom D: 7/13 6/9 from 3 26 points in a game Stetson won

Cincinnati #15 KenPom D: 10/22 5/12 from 3 32 points

Dude can play. UConn is on a different level than any other team in the country and wasn’t going to let Blackmon get going. 

5 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

That’s BS. Blackmon against P5 opponents prior to yesterday:

Houston #1 KenPom D: 4/13 3/7 from 3 11 points—guarded by Jamal Shead the best on-ball defender in college basketball

UCF #17 KenPom D: 7/13 6/9 from 3 26 points in a game Stetson won

Cincinnati #15 KenPom D: 10/22 5/12 from 3 32 points

Dude can play. UConn is on a different level than any other team in the country and wasn’t going to let Blackmon get going. 

How much does he give up on the other end? 

Also, would Woodson’s offense support the volume of shots Blackmon needs?

4 minutes ago, IndyHoops said:

No clue, I wouldn’t imagine he’d draw the toughest assignment on defense. Purdue has made it work with Loyer who is a black hole defensively.

Would be interesting to see Blackmon on the floor when he isn’t the opposing teams 1st, 2nd, and 3rd priority. Worst case he’s a shooter that spaces the floor but he was better than any single guard on this last years team.

7 minutes ago, IndyHoops said:

Blackmon isn’t going to take the same volume of shots at a P5 school regardless of where he goes.

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

Blackmon isn’t going to take the same volume of shots at a P5 school regardless of where he goes.

Then he isn’t going to be as effective, correct?

2 minutes ago, IndyHoops said:

Then he isn’t going to be as effective, correct?

yes he’s not likely to replicate what he did at Stetson at the P5 level on the same volume. Still think he can be an efficient 3 point shooter on volume. Something IU hasn’t had since his brother played here.

6 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

No clue, I wouldn’t imagine he’d draw the toughest assignment on defense. Purdue has made it work with Loyer who is a black hole defensively.

Would be interesting to see Blackmon on the floor when he isn’t the opposing teams 1st, 2nd, and 3rd priority. Worst case he’s a shooter that spaces the floor but he was better than any single guard on this last years team.

Loyer is hidden because they have Edey in the paint. Let’s see what Loyer is like next year.

I don’t know how effective Blackmon is going to be getting up 6 shots a game versus 10. He doesn’t seem like a player that’s going to be contempt passing the ball to Reneau 10 times while giving up shots. He isn’t a playmaker and doesn’t play defense….

2 minutes ago, IndyHoops said:

Loyer is hidden because they have Edey in the paint. Let’s see what Loyer is like next year.

I don’t know how effective Blackmon is going to be getting up 6 shots a game versus 10. He doesn’t seem like a player that’s going to be contempt passing the ball to Reneau 10 times while giving up shots. He isn’t a playmaker and doesn’t play defense….

No 2 guard should be taking only 6 shots a game at any level of basketball. 

4 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

No 2 guard should be taking only 6 shots a game at any level of basketball. 

Agreed. But I think Galloway starts at the 2, which means Blackmon comes off the bench. I don’t see more than 6-8 attempts a game for whoever IU gets at the 2. 

6 minutes ago, IndyHoops said:

Agreed. But I think Galloway starts at the 2, which means Blackmon comes off the bench. I don’t see more than 6-8 attempts a game for whoever IU gets at the 2. 

We’re doing it wrong if that is the plan. Galloway should NEVER be the lead guard in any offense ever.

Transfer PG

Transfer 2 G (Blackmon)

Galloway

MM

Reneau

And if we’re dead set on playing two 5’s next year and playing MM on the wing then there’s no way you can start Galloway.

Just now, AH1971 said:

We’re doing it wrong if that is the plan. Galloway should NEVER be the lead guard in any offense ever.

Transfer PG

Transfer 2 G (Blackmon)

Galloway

MM

Reneau

And if we’re dead set on playing two 5’s next year and playing MM on the wing then there’s no way you can start Galloway.

How much you wanna bet IU starts 2 bigs, MM at the 3, and Galloway at the 2?    

Prove me wrong Mike….    :)

5 minutes ago, IndyHoops said:

How much you wanna bet IU starts 2 bigs, MM at the 3, and Galloway at the 2?    

Prove me wrong Mike….    :)

But come to think of it, if that is the route IU does indeed go, both your 1 and 2 guards need to be high volume/high make 3 point shooters or you run the risk of teams packing the lane again all year. If you want to play like Purdue you need to have shooters like Purdue. Blackmon fits that bill.

3 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

But come to think of it, if that is the route IU does indeed go, both your 1 and 2 guards need to be high volume/high make 3 point shooters or you run the risk of teams packing the lane again all year. If you want to play like Purdue you need to have shooters like Purdue. Blackmon fits that bill.

Yeah, it’s a start. Hopefully they pick up at least 3 kids like Blackmon. I obviously have my doubts that style of play is going to change much next year. Doesn’t matter if you have shooters if you don’t run anything for them….

IU was 83rd in DefE last year. Can’t really afford a defender like Blackmon or even the kid from FAU, who was terrible on D most games I watched.  

IU needs guys that can impact both sides of the ball if they want to be competitive. 

39 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Transfer PG

Transfer 2 G (Blackmon)

Galloway

MM

Reneau

That would be a terrible defensive team.  Reneau offers zero rim protection.  Tbh, you either have to choose Reneau or Galloway to.start, but not both.  They're too similar of players; below average quickness, bad outside shooters, can only reliably score in the paint, average at best defenders.