Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

6 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Didn't see this one posted but may have missed.

Darlinstone Dubar, Hofstra.  6'8" stretch 4.  17.8 points and 6.8 rebounds.  Shot 54/40/74; previous year shot 51/40/72.  Bulk three point shooter, made 73 of 183 threes last year.  Started his career at Iowa State.

He plays much more like a guard than a 4 but he’s worth a take nonetheless.

Trilly says Aaron Bradshaw from Kentucky is hitting the portal. Surprising to me. No reports of IU being involved, but I would love to see it. Mgbako's AAU teammate. Was injured earlier in the year. 

Kel'El Ware/TJD plan? Not going to lie, I'd be surprised if anything materializes here... but a guy can dream 

4 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Trilly says Aaron Bradshaw from Kentucky is hitting the portal. Surprising to me. No reports of IU being involved, but I would love to see it. Mgbako's AAU teammate. Was injured earlier in the year. 

hopefully we have some tough decisions like this in our spots of need.  Staff has to be as giddy as school girls with the possibiities.

And apparently no staff changes?  or at least no staff firings?  Obviously expect one added but if one was going you'd think we would have heard by now?

14 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Seen him interviewed -- would be a 100% take. 100% take for sure.

A really nice kid... who can shoot from deep and should be able to guard the 5 spot (though he wasn't good defensively this past season). 

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Seen him interviewed -- would be a 100% take. 100% take for sure.

A really nice kid... who can shoot from deep and should be able to guard the 5 spot (though he wasn't good defensively this past season). 

I think the foot injury from earlier in the year really hampered his development. He looked less explosive than he did in HS/AAU for sure. But was a top recruit, potential is clearly there. A lot of these kids just need 2-4 years in college vs 1... He'd be a great pick up! 

Surprised because I thought he and Cal got along very well. Wonder what DJ Wagner will end up doing, I assume he'd want to portal too. Maybe follow grandpa's footsteps to Louisville or dad's to Memphis

I can't help but see the staff trying to land a Bradshaw or the Stanford big kid to try to run back the Ware experiment next season. A toolsy guy that needs some polish in order to blossom. The proof of concept is there with Kel'el and TJD. 

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I can't help but see the staff trying to land a Bradshaw or the Stanford big kid to try to run back the Ware experiment next season. A toolsy guy that needs some polish in order to blossom. The proof of concept is there with Kel'el and TJD. 

Kel'El Ware is a very attractive recruiting comp to a 7 foot high ranked kid that didn't pop at his first stop.

I love Bradshaw as a get because like Ware, he seems like a talented, really nice kid with an attitude that translates to being pushed to have his production rise in line with pre-college expectations.

The Stanford big has already produced; he relate to the 'Ware transformation' aspect as well.

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Kel'El Ware is a very attractive recruiting comp to a 7 foot high ranked kid that didn't pop at his first stop.

I love Bradshaw as a get because like Ware, he seems like a talented, really nice kid with an attitude that translates to being pushed to have his production rise in line with pre-college expectations.

The Stanford big has already produced; he relate to the 'Ware transformation' aspect as well.

I think if you take a big money guy like Bradshaw with injury history you need to get a Tarris Reed type guy too.  Can't put all your eggs in the Bradshaw bucket if he would end up being a guy we pursue.  

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think if you take a big money guy like Bradshaw with injury history you need to get a Tarris Reed type guy too.  Can't put all your eggs in the Bradshaw bucket if he would end up being a guy we pursue.  

True. Big guys with bad feet are risky propositions.

In any event, seems like we will need at least two, maybe three guys 6'7" or taller, having lost Ware, Walker, Sparks,  and Banks, all of whom could guard the 4 or 5.

28 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Another purely gut feeling from everyone's favorite mod...

I think Ryan Conwell is moving to Bloomington the day after the Sycamores lose in (or win!) the NIT. The fit is there, the need is there, he would've been our best guard this season, etc. Book it. Then quote me when he goes somewhere else, because that always establishes friendships.

52 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Kel'El Ware/TJD plan? Not going to lie, I'd be surprised if anything materializes here... but a guy can dream 

They get Liam, we get Bradshaw!

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Another purely gut feeling from everyone's favorite mod...

I think Ryan Conwell is moving to Bloomington the day after the Sycamores lose in (or win!) the NIT. The fit is there, the need is there, he would've been our best guard this season, etc. Book it. Then quote me when he goes somewhere else, because that always establishes friendships.

He would be an excellent addition. Here's to hoping.

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

If that is the case, I hope Reneau moves on. Both for his sake and the teams sake. It's just not a fit or conducive to run two big man together. 

6 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

If that is the case, I hope Reneau moves on. Both for his sake and the teams sake. It's just not a fit or conducive to run two big man together. 

you can run two bigs together if one can step away from the basket and make deep shots.  

Just now, dwtaylor1055 said:

you can run two bigs together if one can step away from the basket and make deep shots.  

Bradshaw doesn't shoot 3's and neither does Malik

10 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

No reason to wish for something you’re not going to get. Woodson has made it very clear he’s keeping MR at the 4. He need a shot blocker by him.

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

No reason to wish for something you’re not going to get. Woodson has made it very clear he’s keeping MR at the 4. He need a shot blocker by him.

Yep…didn’t we do this dance last year of everybody convincing themselves we were only playing one guy in the post. People were even talking about it after we landed  Ware.  

I think we committed to playing 2 post players next year the day we brought back Woodson. 

2 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Yep…didn’t we do this dance last year of everybody convincing themselves we were only playing one guy in the post. People were even talking about it after we landed  Ware.  

I think we committed to playing 2 post players next year the day we brought back Woodson. 

Well Malik cannot play the 5, so that means we will need to get a rim-protecting 5, so therefore yes. We will HAVE to play 2 big men next year

24 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

They'd just go after a bug to replace Reneau. At this point we should accept that with this staff IU will play two bigs together.