Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - SG C. J. Gunn to DePaul

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Tindley shot 40 FTs   Lawrence North shot 2 FTs 

I read on another site that one of the officials had a son who was cut from the Lawrence North team. Also read that officials were seen high-fiving Tindley fans after the game. 

45 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I read on another site that one of the officials had a son who was cut from the Lawrence North team. Also read that officials were seen high-fiving Tindley fans after the game. 

Saw same thing. Talked to a guy that was there said it was bizarre. 

8 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Tindley shot 40 FTs   Lawrence North shot 2 FTs 

9 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Head coach Jack Keefer assessed 2 techs.   

Can’t imagine what he had to be upset about. Head scratcher. 

Love seeing CJ have himself a game. He’s been the forgotten man here, maybe I’ll get down to watch a LN game sometime. 

On 12/28/2021 at 11:43 PM, TheWatShot said:

No way! Really? Those officials would be greatly permanently risking their certification for this?

Yikes

13 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

if either are true. That should be the last game either of the guys ref.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Good post-game story although Andershock credits C.J.  with 32, not 34 pts:  

http://inbasketballsource.com/2014-2015-high-school/2021-2022-high-school-season/7171-tindley-beat-lawrence-north-in-wild-one

also says 6-11 from 3 for CJ.

In Gunn's game last night, Coach Jack Keefer had to sit out after receiving 2 techs and being ejected from the Tindley game and LN was also playing without Omar Cooper who had also received 2 techs and ejected from the TIndley game.

From the Indy Star this morning --

Lawrence North senior and Indiana recruit C.J. Gunn made a big individual splash in his return from a foot injury against Tindley, finishing with 34 points, six rebounds and three steals. Gunn continued to that progression in Tuesday’s win, scoring 15 of his 23 points in the first half.

Gunn admitted he is still working his way back from a conditioning standpoint due to the foot injury, but said “this game was better than last game.”

“I feel like as the games come and practices come, it’s just going to get better,” he said. “It feels like it’s gone really well so far. I feel like I’ve come in and meshed with the team really well. I’m looking forward to keeping that consistency.”

Gunn was 2-for-5 from the 3-point line. He scored the first five points of the game to help Lawrence North (6-2) take command from the beginning, including leads of 7-0 and 18-9 by the end of the first quarter. Gunn came off the bench against Tindley, but was back in the starting lineup Tuesday.

The two-time defending Marion County tournament champions have a tough task ahead. After playing Warren Central on Friday, the Wildcats host Ben Davis (6-2) in a first round Marion County showdown on Tuesday.

“I’m looking forward to it,” Gunn said. “I’m ready for the competition. We’ve won two years in a row and we’re looking to make history. I’m just trying to get the team locked in.”

After losing Indiana All-Star Shamar Avance, D.J. Hughes, Donaven McCulley and Kaden Beatty from last year’s state runner-up team, it was expected this Wildcats’ team might take some time to come together. Gunn’s injury extended that time frame. But the young guards are improving rapidly.

“We definitely haven’t reached our peak yet where we are playing 100% together,” Gunn said. “But we’re going to get to that point soon.”