Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

26 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not what I’m looking for. I want total death numbers. 2015-2020. By month ideally.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Well that doesn’t have it by month but it’s got an average of 4 years. So the total would be the average times 4. 

Johns Hopkins must have an in for these numbers. CDC doesn’t have them on their website 

Yes, he was referring to that.  When corona deaths have been subtracted, total deaths are still above trend.   I can find those studies later if you want.  Out on a hike wearing my personal PPE right now.
45BBC264-7E2E-41DE-AD05-99E422A90DC5.thumb.jpeg.18b67752645b5d0f253fd78b7c9aec78.jpeg

Your personal personal protective equipment? Did you stop at the automatic teller machine machine and use your personal identification number number?

(Totally not directed at you, this was a running joke for years between colleagues. Every time I see this it stands out like a sore thumb now)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Yes, he was referring to that.  When corona deaths have been subtracted, total deaths are still above trend.   I can find those studies later if you want.  Out on a hike wearing my personal PPE right now.

45BBC264-7E2E-41DE-AD05-99E422A90DC5.jpeg

Charmander has always been my favorite starter. 

38 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Your personal personal protective equipment? Did you stop at the automatic teller machine machine and use your personal identification number number?

(Totally not directed at you, this was a running joke for years between colleagues. Every time I see this it stands out like a sore thumb now)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

No, I get it and saw I had posted personal PPE.  I did eat a tuna fish sandwich and then a bacon pig cheese burger cow.

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Well that doesn’t have it by month but it’s got an average of 4 years. So the total would be the average times 4. 

Johns Hopkins must have an in for these numbers. CDC doesn’t have them on their website 

Hell, when I looked for the 2017 month by month charts I think it posted in July if 2018.  

Anyone hear about the restaurant owner in Maine who defied the governor's orders and opened his restaurant yesterday? He gave out the governor's private cell phone number in a FOX News interview Thursday night and encouraged everyone to spam her. His health and liquor licenses were stripped yesterday and now the restaurant is closed again. He has said he'll continue to operate the restaurant without either license, and apparently doesn't care that violating the executive order could result in 6 months in jail. 

Seriously, how can someone be that desperate to work again? 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

Anyone hear about the restaurant owner in Maine who defied the governor's orders and opened his restaurant yesterday? He gave out the governor's private cell phone number in a FOX News interview Thursday night and encouraged everyone to spam her. His health and liquor licenses were stripped yesterday and now the restaurant is closed again. He has said he'll continue to operate the restaurant without either license, and apparently doesn't care that violating the executive order could result in 6 months in jail. 

Or... he could wait about three more weeks and open safely, and with permission.

Instead, he’s got a court appearance and lawyer’s fees now.

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

That's just stupidity, and a pretty bad case of it.

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Or... he could wait about three more weeks and open safely, and with permission.

Instead, he’s got a court appearance and lawyer’s fees now.

He's already got a plan for that. Said he'll use his stimulus check to pay for a lawyer. 

There were about 100 people at his restaurant yesterday, not wearing masks or staying 6 feet apart. Maine has had only 56 deaths so far, and 1,152 cases. Might want to keep an eye on those numbers in the coming weeks. 

18 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

He's already got a plan for that. Said he'll use his stimulus check to pay for a lawyer. 

There were about 100 people at his restaurant yesterday, not wearing masks or staying 6 feet apart. Maine has had only 56 deaths so far, and 1,152 cases. Might want to keep an eye on those numbers in the coming weeks. 

1200 bucks won’t get you even a crappy lawyer for this kind of case. 

Guess he thinks laws don’t apply to their restaurant. 

8 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Really?  Likely he's in hock up to his arse.  Could have his house on the line, or at a min. signed a personal guarantee.  A good pct. of restaurants won't ever reopen.  Defy the rules or loose everything -- pretty easy choice.  

And let's not forget the USA was found via. a Revolution.  

1 hour ago, Golfman25 said:

Really?  Likely he's in hock up to his arse.  Could have his house on the line, or at a min. signed a personal guarantee.  A good pct. of restaurants won't ever reopen.  Defy the rules or loose everything -- pretty easy choice.  

So in hock that he has his stimulus check set aside.  

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

@brumdog45 posted a graphic of the Back on Track Indiana Plan last night but I believe there was a subsequent correction.  One change in particular, the original indicated restaurants could re-open at 50% capacity on May 4; whereas it's actually May 11, for at least 89 counties.

No photo description available.

Good catch.  That is correct.

1 hour ago, Golfman25 said:

Or he could just be an idiot.  If he set his stimulus check aside for the legal fees I'm guessing he's just an idiot.