Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

Don't get it.....we are opening faster than Ohio but Ohio announced their plans a week ago. Why not give store owners more time to prepare?  Sure, you can say "if you're not ready, you don't have to open", but if the point is both safety and to lift up the economy, why not give a reasonable amount of time to prepare for a safe opening?

55 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Doesn’t mean I called it essential. 

You're the guy who says going to my cabin in the woods isn't essential and I should stay home.  But the NBA should play?  Pick a lane.  

1 minute ago, Golfman25 said:

You're the guy who says going to my cabin in the woods isn't essential and I should stay home.  But the NBA should play?  Pick a lane.  

Can you link where he said they should play?  He said he was surprised that hadn't.  Different thing.

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Don't get it.....we are opening faster than Ohio but Ohio announced their plans a week ago. Why not give store owners more time to prepare?  Sure, you can say "if you're not ready, you don't have to open", but if the point is both safety and to lift up the economy, why not give a reasonable amount of time to prepare for a safe opening?

What's the difference.  Many places are ready to go.  It's been pretty clear what would be required and have taken steps to get it done.  When they are ready, they can open.  

Just now, brumdog45 said:

Can you link where he said they should play?  He said he was surprised that hadn't.  Different thing.

And then gave his advice for opening.  Why give advice for opening if you don't think they should play?   

1 minute ago, Golfman25 said:

What's the difference.  Many places are ready to go.  It's been pretty clear what would be required and have taken steps to get it done.  When they are ready, they can open.  

The difference is I care about the places being able to open in the safest possible way open.  

It will be interesting to see (A) how many companies actually decide to risk it and open back up and (B) how many customers will actually go back out and go to a store or a restaurant. 

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Our retail stores are open a week earlier than theirs.  Restaurants are open for 50% capacity on May 11th in Indiana.  No date set for Ohio.

You said Indiana's death rate was almost double of Ohio's.  They are actually pretty similar. 

1 minute ago, jk34 said:

You said Indiana's death rate was almost double of Ohio's.  They are actually pretty similar. 

100% not true.  The number of deaths are similar, the rates are not.  Indiana is at 177 deaths per one million;  Ohio is 86 deaths per one million.  Ohio's population is nearly twice Indiana's yet the number of deaths are fewer.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I'm still trying to see the state's advice on masks.  I know the doctor was asked about the use of masks, but she just told what masks protect against.  I'm interested in what the regulations are going to be for employees and customers.