Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

18 minutes ago, Napleshoosier said:

Cuomo let his people fly to Florida and infect my state. Period! No respect. Never did a damned thing to stop it and was probably glad they left. They were told to do 14 days quarantine. Do you really think they did? They infected us! Period!

And that is on his back!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Sounds like you should have closed the damn beaches and kept them Damn Yankees out of your state.

7 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Just sayin'......I've seen pictures of the protesters at the capitol and I would venture to say not many of them are concerned about driving to their second homes.

Again, not sayin', just sayin'.  :)

Hopefully the ones who were screaming in the faces of police officers to move out of the way get the virus and learn a valuable lesson. 

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Or I’ll settle on sports returning. That’ll go a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m a little surprised the NBA hasn’t returned. 

Just call the regular season. Use standings as is

Play all the games in a neutral location.  Maybe use the arenas in Kentucky.  Plus Kentucky has the situation pretty contained.  

Play series of 3 games the first two rounds. 5 games the last 2 rounds. 

Test players and staffs at the beginning of each week.  Assuming 30 tests per team each week. You need 900 tests.  

Play all the games in a neutral location.  Maybe use the arenas in Kentucky.  Plus Kentucky has the situation pretty contained.  

Test players and staffs at the beginning of each week.  Assuming 30 tests per team each week. You need 900 tests.  

Been a lot of talk about doing this at Disney. Hard to see happening at this point. LeBron wants to play. Those legs aren’t getting any younger and they had legit title chances.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Been a lot of talk about doing this at Disney. Hard to see happening at this point. LeBron wants to play. Those legs aren’t getting any younger and they had legit title chances.

Yeah Lebron needs this.  That team changes after this year. Plus his age. 

But if they could come back imagine the ratings.  They could play a game at 11 am on a Tuesday and have terrific ratings. 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’m ready for a Left and Right country and BTBanners and I don’t even posit myself very political.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

By and large, we have it.  East Coast and West Coast very left, South and near west very right.  Pretty much the only real mixture of states is the midwest.  There really aren't many states that the candidates need to focus their advertising/rallies/visits to.  North Carolina, Ohio, Florida, Virginia, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and now Arizona.  Those eight states will determine who the next president is.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yeah Lebron needs this.  That team changes after this year. Plus his age. 

But if they could come back imagine the ratings.  They could play a game at 11 am on a Tuesday and have terrific ratings. 

I would think if they do it, they should just cut off the regular season and go right to the playoffs.  They were already 65 games into the season and the difference in the Eastern conference between the #8 seed and the first team out was 5 1/2 games;  in the West, the difference was between the eighth seed and the first team out was 3 1/2 games.  Right off the bat you eliminate the need to bring 14 teams to Disney.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Even viruses don't want to go to Kentucky.  The only way a virus would go to Kentucky is if it had a cute cousin virus there.

7 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yeah because the NBA is essential?