Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

8 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea because people are stupid enough to not understand what he said. People were eating tide pods at one point. Hell someone even drank fish tank cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Trump suggested chloroquine, they used a version of chloroquine.  They were stupid for doing it, he was stupid for suggesting it.

Trump suggested chloroquine, they used a version of chloroquine.  They were stupid for doing it, he was stupid for suggesting it.

He never suggested fish tank cleaner. Or for anyone to try and take anything without a doctor. Or to take anything if you have zero symptoms. That couple did all three. They were just dumb.

14 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It’s been 4 years. He’s not the best at speaking. But it’s normally pretty easy to figure out what he’s saying.

11 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea because people are stupid enough to not understand what he said. People were eating tide pods at one point. Hell someone even drank fish tank cleaner.

Because when the President of the United States speaks, people listen. And there are many people who take his word as the absolute truth, even on what they perceive is his medical advice.

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

No it’s just comprehension of what was said without an the agenda of “orange man bad.”

No agenda here. When he said about Hydroxycholoroquine: “It’s a very strong, powerful medicine. But it doesn’t kill people. We have some very good results and some very good tests,” “What really do we have to lose?”

what is the basic, logical, comprehension take away of that?

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He never suggested fish tank cleaner. Or for anyone to try and take anything without a doctor. Or to take anything if you have zero symptoms. That couple did all three. They were just dumb.

I said they were dumb.  He said chloroquine that's it, he added no qualifiers like you are here.  What they took was a version of what he suggested.  There is stupidity on both ends; I know that doesn't sit well with followers of the Cult of Trump.

You're using what you want him to have said, not what he actually said.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

You're using what you want him to have said, not what he actually said.

Which brings me back to my excellent idea:

"As President, I would now like to have a Loaded Chicken Sandwich come to the briefing podium to explain what I wanted to say, and rebut what I actually said."

Which would be ... AWESOME!

This has become much less about the virus and much more arguing about politics and the party leader(s). When is the last time that argument got anywhere? Ever? Everyone knows better than the next guy and everyone's favorite candidate is better than the next guy's.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Which brings me back to my excellent idea:

"As President, I would now like to have a Loaded Chicken Sandwich come to the briefing podium to explain what I wanted to say, and rebut what I actually said."

Which would be ... AWESOME!

I was thinking something like Luther from Key and Peele

Obama's Anger Translator - On the First Debate - Uncensored - Key ...

If running a country is going to be turned into a reality show may as well lean heavy into the comedy; that way when people laugh at his preposterous suggestions it's funny instead of embarrassing.

This has become much less about the virus and much more arguing about politics and the party leader(s). When is the last time that argument got anywhere? Ever? Everyone knows better than the next guy and everyone's favorite candidate is better than the next guy's.

That’s all that it’s been about since the beginning. Just the democrats trying to gain political points rather than making things better.

23 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

100% agree.  Unfortunately there's a life threatening pandemic going on and a lot of people are tuned in looking for guidance from the Commander in Chief.  It's part of the job.  So I don't fault the criticism nor think it's not warranted.  He signed up for this gig.  

8 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

That’s all that it’s been about since the beginning. Just the democrats trying to gain political points rather than making things better.

There are several Republican governors opening up public areas this weekend against the advice of pretty much every professional health organization and the health community at large because a small portion of the population wants them to (some with legitimate and concerns, others that just want to get a hair cut and go to the beach). Isn't everyone using this to try and get political points?

*I should add that the President is also using this to get political points. He had the Army General of the Army Core of Engineers on the other day and asked him to talk about the southern boarder wall during a presser on COVID hospital builds.

That's not true.  

It’s literally been happening since the beginning of all this. And it’s a complete joke. Twisting everything they can. Holding up what they can. Rather than just getting over themselves. It happens on both sides but the Democrats are cheering for failure.

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It’s literally been happening since the beginning of all this. And it’s a complete joke. Twisting everything they can. Holding up what they can. Rather than just getting over themselves. It happens on both sides but the Democrats are cheering for failure.

Democrats aren’t cheering for failure. This administration doesn’t need any encouragement 

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It's not just one party.  And you're kidding yourself if you think it is. 

9 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Always shift blame, take a page out of the Trump playbook.  It's not like there are GOP governors opening up against the advice of experts during a pandemic, or a GOP assistant governor saying "there are things more important than living".