Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

That 14% is only applicable in New York though. Other areas haven’t been as hard hit so their percentages will be lower. 

I was hoping for a higher number to be honest. Had hoped even more had been infected so that (assuming their immune) we would not have to worry as much about stressing the hospitals. Maybe the experts will see it differently.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

That 14% is only applicable in New York though. Other areas haven’t been as hard hit so their percentages will be lower. 

The official tally of NY State COVID positives is around 260,000 which is near 1.4% of the state population(app. 19.5 mn). So if the antibody tests are accurate, multiply wherever you live by 10. 

3 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I was hoping for a higher number to be honest. Had hoped even more had been infected so that (assuming their immune) we would not have to worry as much about stressing the hospitals. Maybe the experts will see it differently.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep high numbers are better for sure. 20+ percent in NYC is a good sign. If we can identify these groups they can start going out. Have to start testing for antibodies faster. 

Just now, LIHoosier said:

The official tally of NY State COVID positives is around 260,000 which is near 1.4% of the state population(app. 19.5 mn). So if the antibody tests are accurate, multiply wherever you live by 10. 

Testing patterns were different in New York than other places not to mention population density. 

Soooo..

About a month ago my right leg, mostly calf, start swelling up anytime I walked or worked out. I thought it was just my fatass struggling to get back in shape. I messaged my doctor over the weekend to get some input. They sent me to the ER on Monday because I have a history of blood clots. Turns out I have two more clots in my right leg. The crazy part is my INR (how “thick/thin” your blood is) was therapeutic, meaning there’s no way I should have clotted.

I get a text from my aunt this evening asking if I had been tested for COVID-19 because “people are clotting with COVID-19. I decided to do a little research and sure as **** she’s right. I don’t have any other symptoms besides coughing some nasty phlegm up for a few days.

At the outset of all this ****, I said if I ever got COVID-19 I’d either die quicker than **** or it’d just be another illness to add to the 3,000+ pages of my medical record. Hoping that my blood thinners were just ****ed and that’s why I clotted. Anywho, I’m on some stronger blood thinners for the foreseeable future so hopefully my clotting days are in the rear view. Only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Geez Aloha, I think your real name must be Joe Btfsplk, Al Capp's character always depicted walking under a dark cloud and getting rained on.  If it weren't for bad luck you wouldn't have any.  Really sorry to hear this news and sending prayers your way that it is strictly a blood thinner issue and not this damn virus.  Take care my btb friend.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Dengue Fever + Malaria + Epstein Barr Virus + Mono + a few other exotic illness at the same time couldn’t take me down in SE Asia. GI issues and Typhoid slowed me down in Central America but didn’t stop me. 6 bouts of clotting that produced a minimum of 10 DVTs, 4 PEs, 2 clots in my intestines, and 1 Saddle Embolus didn’t kill me. If I have COVID-19 **** it, add it to the list.

I feel better than I have in years. I was ******* tired of the myofascial pain ******* with my back so I started working out to give my body a reason to feel pain. It gets stupid painful sometimes and I’ll get crazy spasms but at least I feel like I’m making progress. If this stupid ******* medicine doesn’t stop me from clotting I’ll stop taking it and my body will adjust or kill me. **** it!

34 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Did he really suggest we should test the efficacy of injecting humans with disinfectant? Wow

The corporation that makes Lysol has actually put out a press release to rebut the President of the United States.

No, I am not making this up:

https://www.rb.com/media/news/2020/april/improper-use-of-disinfectants/

22 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Did he really suggest we should test the efficacy of injecting humans with disinfectant? Wow

And light, don't forget light.  Also, yes he did.  Now how long before one of his cult injects Clorox?

Idiocracy in action.