Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

Don’t reach too far. You’ll hurt yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think the reach is when the President insinuates things like this to the national public during a Coronavirus presser. Random thoughts of the president should be during the arts hour. That isn’t the time for him to openly wonder if we would be better off injecting disinfectant. If he tried first I will see how he does.

4 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I think the reach is when the President insinuates things like this to the national public during a Coronavirus presser. Random thoughts of the president should be during the arts hour. That isn’t the time for him to openly wonder if we would be better off injecting disinfectant. If he tried first I will see how he does.

Well, to be fair if you inject disinfectant you wouldn't have to worry about COVID.

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He clearly didn’t mean to literally inject lysol. Just a crappy reach by the media. And who is faking bone spurs here?

Blame the media for his actual quote.  Maybe you should be up there to translate when he says something profoundly stupid.

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He clearly didn’t mean to literally inject lysol. Just a crappy reach by the media. And who is faking bone spurs here?

When are we going to stop blaming the media for stating what a person said? Not saying that the media is perfect, and they certainly misquote and get things wrong, but at the end of the day, he said something stupid at what has been labeled as an informative presser.  He should be ridiculed for it just like every other president has in history.

Also, is it just me or has these pressers just turned to a non-informative campaign rallies.

4 minutes ago, Andowen1990IU said:

When are we going to stop blaming the media for stating what a person said? Not saying that the media is perfect, and they certainly misquote and get things wrong, but at the end of the day, he said something stupid at what has been labeled as an informative presser.  He should be ridiculed for it just like every other president has in history.

Also, is it just me or has these pressers just turned to a non-informative campaign rallies.

That’s because that’s all they are. These pressers should be summations on what the federal government is doing. Since that’s essentially nothing there’s no point.  

For such a “crappy reach by the media” we had Dettol and Lysol have to put something out saying not to ingest these. Then we had doctors all over the world collectively cringe and go up in arms. Yeah that media is awful. Has nothing to do with what he said.

This is not the first time this has happened. The FDA chimes in this morning:

The Food and Drug Administration warned consumers Friday against taking malaria drugs chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine to treat Covid-19 outside a hospital or formal clinical trial setting after “serious” poisoning and deaths were reported. 

The agency said it became aware of reports of “serious heart rhythm problems” in patients with the virus who were treated with the malaria drugs, often in combination with antibiotic azithromycin, commonly known as a Z-Pak. It also warned physicians against prescribing the drugs to treat the coronavirus outside of a hospital.

“Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine can cause abnormal heart rhythms such as QT interval prolongation and a dangerously rapid heart rate called ventricular tachycardia,” the agency wrote in the notice. “We will continue to investigate risks associated with the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine for COVID-19 and communicate publicly when we have more information.′

Which was preceded by this exact quote about three weeks ago from the President about Hydroxycloroquine:

“It’s a very strong, powerful medicine. But it doesn’t kill people. We have some very good results and some very good tests,” “What really do we have to lose?”

and to leave no doubt that he was influencing its use, a few days later he added:

“So you took the hydroxy?” he asked one of the former patients, later following up: “Why did you take the hydroxy? Why did you do that? You saw it on television?”

For such a “crappy reach by the media” we had Dettol and Lysol have to put something out saying not to ingest these. Then we had doctors all over the world collectively cringe and go up in arms. Yeah that media is awful. Has nothing to do with what he said.

Yea because people are stupid enough to not understand what he said. People were eating tide pods at one point. Hell someone even drank fish tank cleaner.

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It’s been 4 years. He’s not the best at speaking. But it’s normally pretty easy to figure out what he’s saying.

So the person with the "very big brain" (his words, not mine) can't speak for himself and needs a translator.  Why the hell is he in charge of a country?  Oh wait, he inherited a billion dollar empire.

20 minutes ago, Andowen1990IU said:

What do you expect from a text book example of a narcissist?