Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

POTFB Game Thread: Indiana Hoosiers vs. Purdue Boilermakers (2/27 at 7PM on FS1)

9 hours ago, InArchWeTrust said:

I understood him to say "Rob Phinisee sucks!"  Then Flint says "these two MFers!  Then something to do with excuses.  But, I'm no lip reader.

I just simply can’t believe there is a single chance in hell he sat down on the bench and said Rob Phinisee sucks, essentially yelling it for other players on the bench to hear. No offense. I know there is a group of folks on this board who would love for those to be the words that came out of his mouth simply because we lost. It would fuel the fire for their deep hatred of both our coach and starting PG! Not saying you, again, no offense. 

My first thought here is did Bruiser have the scout for this game? Seems Archie isn’t happy with something Bruiser implemented and Bruiser is trying to defend it. I’d guess something like this has happened many times this season when the cameras weren’t fixated on the bench.

17 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I just simply can’t believe there is a single chance in hell he sat down on the bench and said Rob Phinisee sucks, essentially yelling it for other players on the bench to hear. No offense. I know there is a group of folks on this board who would love for those to be the words that came out of his mouth simply because we lost. It would fuel the fire for their deep hatred of both our coach and starting PG! Not saying you, again, no offense. 

My first thought here is did Bruiser have the scout for this game? Seems Archie isn’t happy with something Bruiser implemented and Bruiser is trying to defend it. I’d guess something like this has happened many times this season when the cameras weren’t fixated on the bench.

None taken! Again, I’m no lip reader ...

59 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Why does Archie need Bruiser to scout Purdue? IU just played them a couple of weeks ago. The problem is there is no real offensive scheme. That's on the coach.

My understanding is one of the assistants leads the scout/game plan for each game. Maybe that’s only for non-conference games, I don’t really know. I said that based on Flint’s reaction in the video. He seemed to be defending whatever Archie was ripping apart. Maybe it was just one thing Flint was trying to get the team to do.

2 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

My understanding is one of the assistants leads the scout/game plan for each game. Maybe that’s only for non-conference games, I don’t really know. I said that based on Flint’s reaction in the video. He seemed to be defending whatever Archie was ripping apart. Maybe it was just one thing Flint was trying to get the team to do.

Watch the video again. Archie ripped Rob and Bruiser pointed to the two MFers as the blame. Likely both were right.

5 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Watch the video again. Archie ripped Rob and Bruiser pointed to the two MFers as the blame. Likely both were right.

I watched it about 20 times. You’re lip reading. You can’t definitely say what is coming out of his mouth. Definitely could have been ripping something Rob. Could have said Wrong something something. I watched this video right after reading whichever thread was talking about how terrible Rob is and how he’ll never be anything but average. All I’m definitely saying here as that he Archie didn’t say Rob Phinisee sucks. Based on Flints reaction, he could have just as easily been ripping something Flint implemented.

Why does Archie need Bruiser to scout Purdue? IU just played them a couple of weeks ago. The problem is there is no real offensive scheme. That's on the coach.

That’s the way college basketball and even high school basketball works. Teams change things and you want to be prepared for how to attack them on offense and defend them on defense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

37 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Purdue has been playing the same style of basketball since Matt Painter became coach. IU didn't look atrocious because Purdue wasn't scouted properly. That is a lame excuse for poor coaching.

You’re reading a little too far in to the comment about scouting. It was in response to lip reading their exchange in the video. Not how we played overall or anyone’s quality of coaching.

Who was the assistant archie punches the clipboard away from? If bruiser this could be a sign things are not going well

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

They all need fired. None of them seem to help. We need at least one who is great at development.

They all need fired. None of them seem to help. We need at least one who is great at development.

And one that knows offense. I mean, what are your feelings on the offense?

Archie should be great at development, recruiting, and game planning. Ain’t an easy job. Assistants need to be better at making Archie look good at all those things. If a spoke is broken, replace it. I have no idea why Schilling left, although he was supposed to help big with recruiting ties and especially development.

I assume Mike Roberts helps the bigs and kicks kids butts.

Ostrom seems to focus on recruiting.

Bruiser seems to do a lot of the game planning / coaching stuff.

It’s Archies system afterall, and either the system stinks or the personnel isn’t right. He really needs to win 2 games next week. Then he needs to do a deep dive to see why we are so inept half of our time on the court.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Ok thanks. Hopefully wasn't nothing personal toward him and just frustration from archie

Well, they were both in Evansville to watch Lander last night so they either kissed and made up or drove in separate cars.  I'm sure those kinds of interactions aren't unique to our program and it's just a combination of competitiveness and frustration.

Ok thanks. Hopefully wasn't nothing personal toward him and just frustration from archie

Yeah, the clipboard thing was just Archie being pissed in general. I never sensed it had anything to do with Ostrom.

The multiple missed free throws to close the game was the issue.

NOW, maybe I think it was Race at the line. That could have been a scouting thing that blew up that pissed him off extra.

Archie used to have Phin shoot FTs, but he’s been sketchy lately. We don’t have a real trustworthy foul shooter with the game on the line. Durham?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app