Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Like the fact they haven't shot well from deep.  Typically three point defense doesn't mean that much against IU because we don't shoot them much.

Yea…We could lose. Any team could. Kent St has the profile of a team I’d want to play if I could choose.   

Our 3pt defense doesn’t pose as much of a liability. Nether do our 5 min scoring droughts. They’re good on defense but not used to playing guys like TJD and JHS. It might be close but we should do this.   

Miami on the other hand…yeesh. Go Drake!

2 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Hmm that Vermont team…

Normally I’d be here too because Becker is just gonna out coach the other guy pretty much always. But I like Marquette pretty well and Kolek has become my Gabe Cupps comp as a player and a kid who just wills teams to wins. 

1 minute ago, str8baller said:

Yea…We could lose. Any team could. Kent St has the profile of a team I’d want to play if I could choose.   

Our 3pt defense doesn’t pose as much of a liability. Nether do our 5 min scoring droughts. They’re good on defense but not used to playing guys like TJD and JHS. It might be close but we should do this.   

Miami on the other hand…yeesh. Go Drake!

Drake’s a pretty dangerous team…

Just now, Demo said:

Normally I’d be here too because Becker is just gonna out coach the other guy pretty much always. But I like Marquette pretty well and Kolek has become my Gabe Cupps comp as a player and a kid who just wills teams to wins. 

Marq looks excellent. 
But no matter how we analyze the teams pretty much every year there will be big upsets as we know, I always like what Vermont brings

3 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

any early impressions of how we fair against Houston?

I don't know a whole lot about Houston aside from the fact they prioritize offensive rebounding vs transition defense. I don't think it's a great match up at all for us, but they're definitely not invincible. It's going to be tough to beat any 1 seed so I'm not mad about the draw. I am concerned about getting past Miami

4 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

any early impressions of how we fair against Houston?

I saw the second half of their loss to Temple back in January. Their offense looked like a lot of 1 on 1, iso plays and forced drives to the rim. I'm sure they're better than what I saw that day, but if we couldn't be in Purdue's region, this was probably the next best option. Sasser being out could hurt them. 

9 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Purdue is absolutely screwed if they play Memphis

Purdue is absolutely screwed with the FAU draw too. 

FAU has a very big, very strong, pretty quick defensive 7 footer and on offense the spread the floor and shoot threes. 

And then a potential very hot Duke team?!?

Oh goodness that’s a suck draw for Puredoo.