Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SG - Blake Wesley to Notre Dame

Wesley is one of favorite, if not my favorite, prospect in 2021 class. He has the size (6'5"), athleticism to play our style of D, and the scoring ability from all 3 levels that we desperately need. When you watch his highlights you can see his potential. I believe he has the game to develop into a stud for us and would be a player we'd look back and be upset we didn't get. Really hope CAM is doing everything he can to land him.   

Just now, KYHoosier said:

Wesley is one of favorite, if not my favorite, prospect in 2021 class. He has the size (6'5"), athleticism to play our style of D, and the scoring ability from all 3 levels that we desperately need. When you watch his highlights you can see his potential. I believe he has the game to develop into a stud for us and would be a player we'd look back and be upset we didn't get. Really hope CAM is doing everything he can to land him.   

Yep. Him Trey and another big would be a great class. 

Hoping for a Lander reclass at this point. 

Getting any kind of high school sports coverage from the South Bend Tribune is a joke.  Can't even find a score for Riley's game last night against Penn.  Thanks to John Harrell's website Riley won 55-52.  Only thing that gets consistently reported by the SB Tribune are scoring averages

Through 6 games of the current season Wesley was averaging 26.8 ppg per the South Bend Tribune.  Through 16 games he's at 25.9 ppg.

On 1/26/2020 at 10:14 AM, Brass Cannon said:

Yep. Him Trey and another big would be a great class. 

Hoping for a Lander reclass at this point. 

My exact wishes also. Really want Trey and Wesley. Would be great to get a reclass fron Lander. Throw in Aminu with another big. Damn boyee!

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Getting any kind of high school sports coverage from the South Bend Tribune is a joke.  Can't even find a score for Riley's game last night against Penn.  Thanks to John Harrell's website Riley won 55-52.  Only thing that gets consistently reported by the SB Tribune are scoring averages

Through 6 games of the current season Wesley was averaging 26.8 ppg per the South Bend Tribune.  Through 16 games he's at 25.9 ppg.

Agree, it's frustrating now. No one covers high school sports in the area anymore. It's all either Notre Dame or professional sports coverage.

Which is dumb. No one subscribes to a local paper for national sports coverage. 

South Bend Riley (11-8) beat New Prairie in OT 66-61.  Wesley with 29 pts.  From what little I've been able to find, score was tied at 58 in regulation and with 3 sec. remaining and the ball in Wesley's hands, he was called for a questionable charge but Riley prevailed in OT for the win.  

South Bend Riley (11-10) beaten 61-55 by John Adams HS (19-3).  I had Wesley with 22 pts. on 9-20 FG; 2-6 on 3s; 2-2 FT; 10 reb; 6 TO; 2 stls.  I thought he took quite a beating on his drives to the basket and several of his TOs were a result of Adams' slapping at him on his drives.  In the 3rd quarter, it seemed it was an 8 on 5 game.  On 3 straight possessions, Riley drove in for layups; made the basket but it was waved off and a charging call made.  2 were against Wesley.  The 3rd resulted in a technical against Wesley when he threw up his hands in disbelief.  Even the game announcers questioned the calls.  With .1 sec. remaining in the quarter Adams was able to inbound the ball and score and the announcers commented about the slow clock.    

Riley is just an average team and unless they're in a particularly weak sectional I don't see them advancing to regional play.  The Facebook stream of this game was horrible except for the 10 minute halftime when it was crystal clear.  Bah!

Wesley's season came to an end in his sectional opener with a 62-41 loss to Culver Military Academy with Bruiser in the gym.  Stats from the radio broadcast had Wesley with 24 pts. on 10-20 FG; 1-4 on 3s; 3-5 FT; 1 reb; 1 asst; 2 TO; 2 stls.  He was guarded by Galloway in the first half and only had 7 pts. at the half.  Galloway picked up his 3rd foul with 6:00 left in the 3rd Q and was shifted to a different Riley player for defensive purposes.  Mike Brey was also in the gym and the South Bend based radio announcers couldn't stop gushing about ND and the possibility Wesley would commit to ND.  At halftime Brey and Wesley's mother had quite a conversation per the radio announcers.  

Wesley's season came to an end in his sectional opener with a 62-41 loss to Culver Military Academy with Bruiser in the gym.  Stats from the radio broadcast had Wesley with 24 pts. on 10-20 FG; 1-4 on 3s; 3-5 FT; 1 reb; 1 asst; 2 TO; 2 stls.  He was guarded by Galloway in the first half and only had 7 pts. at the half.  Galloway picked up his 3rd foul with 6:00 left in the 3rd Q and was shifted to a different Riley player for defensive purposes.  Mike Brey was also in the gym and the South Bend based radio announcers couldn't stop gushing about ND and the possibility Wesley would commit to ND.  At halftime Brey and Wesley's mother had quite a conversation per the radio announcers.  

Bruiser was there too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app