Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) SF Trey Patterson

Patterson's season ended with an 80-67 loss to Wildwood Catholic.  Patterson finished with 8 pts; 13 reb; 2 asst; 1 stl; 1 blk.  He's not mentioned in the game story so no idea if he was at all limited by foul trouble or simply didn't have a good scoring night.

Patterson named first team all-state in New Jersey.

Nick Baumgart:  2021 Indiana-target Trey Patterson earns 1st Team All-State honors from NJHoops. The 6-foot-8 positionless junior averaged 19.8 ppg,  10.1 rpg,  2.3 apg for 27-2 Rutgers Prep.  Rivals No. 30 player in 2021. Took official to IU last Oct.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Added Info

Alec Lasley - TheHoosier

Indiana has addressed two major needs in the 2021 class in the frontcourt and backcourt, but the wing remains a priority.

Archie Miller has shown he loves to use multiple different lineups and thus multiple guard and wing combinations. He has loaded up on a handful of guards in the past few classes but very few of them are true wings who can play the '3' position.

Trey Patterson is exactly that. He is one of the more talented and true wing players in the 2021 class and Indiana has made him a priority up to this point in his recruitment.

Patterson has great size at 6-foot-8 and a full build to go along with his size at 210 pounds. He is a hybrid forward that fits into the Justin Smith or Troy Williams position at Indiana.

His athleticism is what stands out, but not in the explosive way as some other players. He isn't necessarily that quick perimeter player who can get into the lane at will, but more so someone who uses his athletic ability to play above the rim when he gets there. Patterson's body control around the rim is exceptional and does make up for a bit of the lack of explosiveness.

Comparing him to some of the other perimeter prospects that Indiana is after in 2021, while Patterson has a versatile skillset, he isn't as developed as a true ball handler or passer. He does have the ability to beat players off of the dribble, but it is into a pull-up jumper more than an explosive finish at the rim.

Where he can help Indiana out is with his shooting. He has a smooth shooting stroke that is extremely consistent whether it is off of the dribble or catch. The release can be a bit slow, but has been effective at every level he has played.

His stats show how exceptional he is on the glass, averaging 10.9 rebounds a game last year, but that can get overlooked at time. His length is what provides him an advantage. Usually playing more on the wing and crashing the glass, he gets his hands on the ball more often than not, either tipping it to himself or on the backboard.

While his length is a factor when rebounding the ball, it is an even bigger factor on the defensive end. Patterson isn't a 'lockdown' one-on-one defender, but he is very good off of the ball. His length allows him to get into passing lanes leading to easy transition buckets.

Patterson is ranked the No. 30 prospect in the 2021 class.

Story on Patterson with lots of quotes from his Rutgers Prep coach.  Seems to be a very high character young man and has shown steady improvement in his game.

Freshman:  12.7 points per game and led the Argonauts with 7.2 rebounds per contest.

Sophomore:  19.1 points per game and 9.5 rebounds per game.

Junior:  19 double-doubles (played 29 games) and averaging 19.8 points and 10.1 rebounds per game 

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/04/20/rutgers-prep-star-trey-patterson-driven-by-excellence-as-indiana-recruitment-continues/?fbclid=IwAR2STQSllGGci83bwc9oix6I71I3LgkoKfMyC_sNLg7_llBKhpxA7jmp4jg

26 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Story on Patterson with lots of quotes from his Rutgers Prep coach.  Seems to be a very high character young man and has shown steady improvement in his game.

Freshman:  12.7 points per game and led the Argonauts with 7.2 rebounds per contest.

Sophomore:  19.1 points per game and 9.5 rebounds per game.

Junior:  19 double-doubles (played 29 games) and averaging 19.8 points and 10.1 rebounds per game 

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/04/20/rutgers-prep-star-trey-patterson-driven-by-excellence-as-indiana-recruitment-continues/?fbclid=IwAR2STQSllGGci83bwc9oix6I71I3LgkoKfMyC_sNLg7_llBKhpxA7jmp4jg

Would be an incredible addition.

Not seeing any reason to think we’re a leader here, but it’s great to be in the discussion and the running.

Stockrisers -

When you think of the more consistent players in the 2021 class, one name that comes to mind is New Jersey native Trey Patterson.

Ranked as the 37th overall prospect in his class by the 247Sports’ Composite Rankings system, he’s remained in the Top-40 in all three of his high school seasons.

“UConn, Maryland, Indiana, Florida, Villanova, Tennessee, Auburn, Rutgers and Memphis are amongst those those still involved,” Patterson told Stockrisers.com.

One new name involved in his recruitment: Arkansas. Razorbacks head coach Eric Musselman virtually visited campus with Patterson earlier last week and would end up extending an offer to Patterson.

Patterson is amongst the highly-touted prospects that have completed virtual campus meetings and/or staff meetings through video chat applications.

He’s completed several of them. Amongst the ones he completed: “I’ve had zoom calls with UConn, Maryland, Indiana, Florida, Memphis and Villanova over the past few weeks.”

So, Patterson has a long list of schools and that continues to grow. There were some talks of a possible reclassification (rumors) but Patterson shut all of that down saying he will remain in the 2021 class.

Trey Patterson @_treypatt3
I will be announcing my top 10 schools on Saturday, stay tuned.

It’s hard to imagine that all 10 schools have a legit shot to land him. I’m not sure why kids do these things other than to have some press coverage. If that’s why, that’s cool but “10” is not much of a change/update

Tell me IU is in his top 3 and I get a lot more interested

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

31 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

It’s hard to imagine that all 10 schools have a legit shot to land him. I’m not sure why kids do these things other than to have some press coverage. If that’s why, that’s cool but “10” is not much of a change/update

Tell me IU is in his top 3 and I get a lot more interested

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I hear ya brother.

The good:  We made his top 10.  The bad:  We're only 1 of 10.  The ugly:  No expected decision date.

One of the most consistent players in the 2021 class over the past few seasons, Trey Patterson, is down to ten finalists, he told Stockrisers.com.

Indiana, UConn, Villanova, Arkansas, Rutgers, Auburn, Maryland, Florida, Tennessee, Memphis, make up the bunch for Patterson.

He broke down all his ten finalists with Stockrisers.com

Indiana: Coach Archie Miller and his staff has many years of coaching experience. Coach Miller and his Assistant Coach Flint have attended a few of my games, and have really spent time building a relationship with me. They express how excited they are in having me a part of their program, and see me as a special versatile wing forward player, that could impact the game in many different levels.
IU was my first official visit. They have an amazing college atmosphere and their fan base is extremely energetic. I feel like Indiana can help with my overall development in becoming a successful and efficient player

UConn: Coach Danny Hurley is a very passionate coach, and excited about the direction of UConn Basketball program, and the return back to the Big East. Assistant Coach Moore have visited me at school in the fall. During our Zoom conferences they’ve given me a virtual tour of the campus, they would also focus on their vision for me, and how well I would fit into their style of play as a stretch athletic player with guard skills. I like that UConn is a program with a rich winning history, and the coaching staff discuss how they would push me to my full potential and beyond.

Maryland: has a really good coaching staff, they have done a great job with continuing the winning tradition at Maryland. Coach Turgeon and Coach Brady have done a virtual tour of the campus through Zoom call. Their emphasis have been on perimeter player development, being close to home, building relationships and playing time. Maryland is very intriguing to me because of their style of play, and how I can fit into their system.

Florida: The appeal to me with Florida is not only Coach Mike White and his coaching staff, but how I believe that I would fit really well in their system. Florida has a really good coaching staff, that has expressed how I can make an immediate impact with my size, skill and versatility. On my official visit back in the fall, I had the opportunity to tour the campus, I also was able to witness the high energy the Gator Nation fans brought to the game. The student section was amazing.

Tennessee: Coach Barnes is a really good coach with many years of coaching experience, and a winning tradition at several different schools. Coach Oliver have visited me at my school in the fall. On my Zoom call with Coach Barnes and his entire coaching staff, they expressed how they have had much success developing similar players like me that are wing forwards. They also pointed out that I fit into their culture of growth and development. The togetherness that they illustrate on and off the court is very impressive.

Villanova: Coach Jay Wright and his coaching staff have been expressing to me, how I can fit perfectly into the Villanova winning style of play and add to the tradition of successful Nova Nation players. Coach Wright and Coach Nardi have visited me at my school in the fall, while also attending games during my season. On our Zoom calls, they talk about how they view me as a versatile forward, that can guard multiple positions, handle the ball along with good court vision, and rebounding. Coach Wright also emphasizes development and the importance of building character and relationships.

Auburn: It was my third official visit and from the time I stepped foot on the campus, the atmosphere was electric. I had the opportunity to watch College Game Day Live, which was great. The crowd was awesome, the amount of energy the student section brought to the game was pretty cool to see. They definitely impacted the outcome of the game. Coach Bruce Pearl and his staff are doing an amazing job with turning AU into an elite and competitive program. Assistant Coach Ira Bowman have visited me at my school in the fall. Coach Pearl stressed that the uptempo style of play, and the freedom he gives his players on offense, would be a program where he feels I could flourish the most and maximize my development.

Rutgers: Coach Pikell and his staff have been doing a great job of turning the Rutgers Program around. Coach Pikell and Coach Knight have visited me at my school in the fall. Coach Pikell have had much success over the last few years with keeping the Jersey kids home. Rutgers is appealing not only because it’s close to home but their style of play also fits.

Memphis: has shown a lot of interest in me throughout this year. Coach Penny and his assistant coach Cody Toppert came to visit me in the fall, and they were preaching to me, how I can be impactful playing multiple positions offensively and defensively. During our Zoom call, I was able to get a virtual tour of the campus and the overall facilities. Coach Penny also said, that I reminded him of himself as a player because of my ability to play like a guard and grab rebounds, and start the break.

Arkansas: They just recently offered me about a weeks ago, and we have had a couple video conferences. Coach Musselman and staff feel like they can help me develop my game, in order to reach the next level. Their style of play really fits my attributes and my skillset.

Some of the schools that will participate in the Hoophall Classic in January '21 in addition to Trey Patterson and Rutgers Prep.  Some very good competition and interesting to see how well Patterson does.

Cannon School (NC); Prolific Prep (CA); Archbishop Stepinac (NY); Sierra Canyon (CA); Hamilton (WI); DeMatha (MD).