Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JustWinWoody

Indiana Hires Kalen DeBoer as new offensive coordinator

14 minutes ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Wait, it took him 2 seasons to fix the offense at EMU? Hard pass. Obviously a mid-major talent.

And, yeah, sarcasm. Welcome aboard, Coach. Sounds like an intriguing hire. I’m all for going the non-retread route.

30 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

We're getting a guy who's in charge of the 18th nationally ranked Fresno St offense, who just won a second straight bowl game (against Arizona St and Houston last year). They were also ranked the year before until the regular season finale loss to Boise St. Before that he helped turn around one of the worst teams in college football (Eastern Michigan) who went from a perennial 2 win per season team to a bowl game in year 3 of his tenure.  This is an unbelievable hire and a guy I thought would be getting HC offers this off season.

I'm not sure it's valid to argue Wilson's offenses caused his awful defenses. Our defense was awful because we had zero play makers and couldn't get stops, especially in the secondary. 

Giving the other team an extra 6-8 possessions with a high octane offense sure isn’t going to help the D any. Especially one with no depth

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Giving the other team an extra 6-8 possessions with a high octane offense sure isn’t going to help the D any. Especially one with no depth

Right, thus drive-based stats can be a better measure of defense quality, mich like tempo-free numbers in hoops.

Edited by lillurk
Changed “this” to “thus”