Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SG Anthony Leal to IU

4 hours ago, VO5 said:

I’ll admit I don’t know as much about Galloway as Leal. I know from Old Fart’s stats that Galloway has been underperforming as far as percentages. His free throw % and 3 point % are pretty bad. On the other hand, they’re winning consistently and he’s a big part of that. I just don’t think Galloway provides something more than Leal

I don’t necessarily disagree. I just don’t think either kid has really separated himself from one another. 

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I think in the past there were indications that both would accept if offered.  Do you have any insight if that would still be the case today?

Just from what I have been told recently if we offer both we are willing to take both.

Just from what I have been told recently if we offer both we are willing to take both.

I wouldn’t be against that. They are fiends that I think both want to play at IU and that could help to fix the culture with TJD and Franklin in the class right in front of them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That would be a ton of guards on the roster in 2020 though..
Sr - Durham
Jr - Phin, Anderson
So - Franklin
Fr - Leal, Galloway

That’s not counting any of the other guards we’re after.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Anderson isn’t ever going to be a guard at IU. He will be a wing that spaces the floor. Also Galloway and Leal might not be instant impact guys but they are winners that have the mindset that is needed to change the culture. I don’t think you can label Franklin, Leal, and Galloway as being just guards since they are all 6’5 and can guard multiple positions.

Anderson isn’t ever going to be a guard at IU. He will be a wing that spaces the floor. Also Galloway and Leal might not be instant impact guys but they are winners that have the mindset that is needed to change the culture. I don’t think you can label Franklin, Leal, and Galloway as being just guards since they are all 6’5 and can guard multiple positions.

Guards and small wings are pretty much the same outside of point guards. Al and Phin can handle that and we’ll have a stable of small wings.

Guards and small wings are pretty much the same outside of point guards. Al and Phin can handle that and we’ll have a stable of small wings.

Correct and then there will be 3 or 4 post/bigs and a couple bigger wings and that’s the roster.

Leal was a part of history tonight as Bloomington South destroyed Northview 63 - 24 and J. R. Holmes is now the winningest coach  (807) in Indiana high school basketball.  Leal with 26 pts. and left the game with 5 min. remaining in the 4th.  The score was 30 - 24 with 7 min. left in the 3rd Q and Northview never scored another point.  My game stream kept cutting out so I wasn't able to keep any kind of scorecard for the game.

There were several pre-recorded messages of congratulations to Coach Holmes including one from Archie, Roy Williams, Kelvin Sampson and Steve Alford to name a few.

Bloomington South advances to its sectional championship game with a 57 - 36 win over Columbus East and will face the winner of Shelbyville - East Central on Saturday night.  Anthony Leal with 23 points to lead the Panthers.  He also had 3 reb. and 4 assists.