Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

memphis2

Curtis Jones

Why transfer after your sophomore year though? You'd have to sit for a year. If he stayed for another year and graduated he could be immediately available.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I know why; because sitting on the bench for two more years waiting for graduation so that you can become a grad transfer would be depressing as heck.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I know why; because sitting on the bench for two more years waiting for graduation so that you can become a grad transfer would be depressing as heck.

Wouldn't he only have to sit 1 year if he graduated after his junior year?  1 year here unofficially then play right away new school. 

10 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Wouldn't he only have to sit 1 year if he graduated after his junior year?  1 year here unofficially then play right away new school. 

It doesn't matter.  He's going to be sitting next season whether he transfers or not.  The difference is 2 years of eligibility vs 1.

And I don’t assume a prep school warrior is likely to graduate in three years.

The IU players who offhand I can remember graduating in three (and with some of them playing at IU as grad students) are Hulls, Roth, Oladipo, and Zeisloft. None of them came to IU from prep high schools/basketball factories.

And I don’t assume a prep school warrior is likely to graduate in three years.
The IU players who offhand I can remember graduating in three (and with some of them playing at IU as grad students) are Hulls, Roth, Oladipo, Hulls, Zeisloft. None of them came to IU from prep high schools/basketball factories.

Williams?

My cursory interwebby research shows that Troy left while two classes and an internship short of a degree.

fb3c00b9672d750a7c9f3edc1727849f.jpg
I remembered he walked through. I wonder if he finished those classes after he left

8 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I for one, hope he turns it around and kicks some @$$ going forward. As it stands, he's a Hoosier.

I'm with you. I support our guys.

Garland isn't coming. We don't have an oversign problem so we don't need to speculate anymore. 

2 hours ago, yogisballin said:

I was a little upset that he only played 2 mins myself. Kid has a good strong body on him. Also grabbed what 2 boards in those limited minutes?

I don't know if you saw those two minutes or not though, he didn't look great even though he had 2 rebounds.  He also made 2-3 mistakes if I remember correctly and was playing timid which was not at all what we needed in that game.  I wish he would have played longer, but I understand why he didn't.

I don't know if you saw those two minutes or not though, he didn't look great even though he had 2 rebounds.  He also made 2-3 mistakes if I remember correctly and was playing timid which was not at all what we needed in that game.  I wish he would have played longer, but I understand why he didn't.

100%. He made a strong drive and missed. Got the rebounds but it was the defensive mistakes that cost him minutes that game. We needed him but I think Archie made a good judgement based on what I saw.

In the future that stage won't be too bright for him. We'll need him and he will get accustomed to things on the bigger stage.

We've been begging for a coach that tightens the rotation and limits the crazy subbing, especially in big games. Remember a couple years ago we played Louisville in NYC and for some inexplicable reason Crean threw April out there in the first half of a close game, I think it might have even been the last couple minutes of the half, and all of the sudden Louisville went on a run, and then just blew us out in the 2nd half?

I am in no way comparing Justin Smith to April as a player, but that is why Smith only played 2 minutes. That was a big time game, and in those games a good coach is going to roll with the guys he trusts and not mess around. Smith has been really good so far, and I'm not saying Archie doesn't trust him, but it's clear at this point, in that game, he wanted to go with Hartman and McRoberts, two kids who have been there and done that to an extent.