Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

1 minute ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I can confirm this rumor because I heard it this weekend from the person that actually knows someone that works for IUs law firm. This guy isn't a liar either. I didn't say anything because I'm trying to keep some credibility.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

FK football as in Floyds Knobs football?

I can confirm this rumor because I heard it this weekend from the person that actually knows someone that works for IUs law firm. This guy isn't a liar either. I didn't say anything because I'm trying to keep some credibility.

Lol if you knew this then why have you been so negative about getting Donovan ?! I understand though. I think negative to keep me from being let down

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Perhaps these guys are asking for it because Donovan has convinced people to stay. 

An NBA coach wouldn't be allowed to contact High School seniors looking to play NCAA.

Assembly Call did this poll which is quite funny...

https://twitter.com/assemblycall/status/843811824013336576

Coach A = Crean (less first two seasons at IU, and only mentioned E8 instead of F4)

Coach B = Alford

Still going, but Coach A is winning with 56% of the vote.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, BlueDevil2aHoosier said:

The quicker IU can get everyone associated with Crean players and recruits included (except a few bright spots) out of the program the better they will be in the long run

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah, let's just start over. That makes sense.

4 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I can't tell people how badly I want this to be true.  I so badly want IU to finally say enough is enough, for IU to decide to be one of their big boys and sit at the same table as pUKe and UNC and Duke again, to decide they should be a shark instead of a friggin' guppy.

I can't believe it though.  For as long as I've paid attention it seems like IU has been content with being a guppy.  If I believe this it'll make me irate when they hire someone like Alford or Chris Collins.

We'll see how it plays out, but I so so so badly wish I could believe this.

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I can't tell people how badly I want this to be true.  I so badly want IU to finally say enough is enough, for IU to decide to be one of their big boys and sit at the same table as pUKe and UNC and Duke again, to decide they should be a shark instead of a friggin' guppy.

I can't believe it though.  For as long as I've paid attention it seems like IU has been content with being a guppy.  If I believe this it'll make me irate when they hire someone like Alford or Chris Collins.

We'll see how it plays out, but I so so so badly wish I could believe this.

It's only a matter of time until IU is elite again. The only thing IU hasn't had in 17 years is a coach. That's a pretty easy fix considering all of the things that it takes to be an elite program. I do believe IU is gonna get it right this time and will reap the benefits

2 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Over on 247 Mile said one booster has guaranteed that Donovan's buyout won't be a problem.  What's his buyout?

I don't think he has one from what I'm seeing online.

Just now, Hoosier Guy said:

It's only a matter of time until IU is elite again. The only thing IU hasn't had in 17 years is a coach. That's a pretty easy fix considering all of the things that it takes to be an elite program. I do believe IU is gonna get it right this time and will reap the benefits

I agree that's all they need.  I'm just not convinced they want to get it right.

Just now, RTJ85 said:

I don't think he has one from what I'm seeing online.

I'd be surprised if his OKC contract doesn't have one, may just not have been released.  I know his contract at Florida when he left didn't.

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I agree that's all they need.  I'm just not convinced they want to get it right.

Step one was firing Crean. I had faith that Glass was gonna do his job. There was just no justifiable way to bring him back. Step two is getting Donovan. I think Glass has had this planned. I guess we'll see but I bet this has been his plan all along