Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Off what basis? This dude was coaching at a much smaller school at a whole different competition level than IU and produced. I'm not saying you at all but in general everyone just wants to look at the records and compare them and it's BS. The guy is a much better Xs and Os guy. If anything this comparison shows how **** Crean was at IU. People bring up that Archie hasn't accomplished enough.. I'm not sure what more people expect from someone coaching at the mid major level. I'm not

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You say he produced...what did he produce?

I'm seriously not trying to be a smartass here. I don't understand the excitement and I want to be excited.

Give me something other than...he didn't have it as good as Crean.

2 minutes ago, RedsIUfan said:

I'm going to give Miller a chance but it seems what they're saying is Crean had more weapons...they're leaving out that Crean had tougher opponents. 

You have to factor the tougher opponents vs. the better players.  This balances out.. He had weaker opponents with worse players.

How do I change my profile picture? I need to get Archie on there

If you're on mobile click on your picture right here in the thread, then click that little blue camera icon to change it.

on your desktop should be a drop down box on the right hand corner and you can change it from your profile. PM me if you have any questions

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Someone tell Archie to schedule a series with his brother. Bring the Kentucky series back too. It's time for us to throw out the directional schools and get back into the ring with the big boys. 

Playing Arizona and Kentucky every year would be awesome. Add in the fact that you play an ACC team and the non conference schedule would be in business.

You say he produced...what did he produce?

I'm seriously not trying to be a smartass here. I don't understand the excitement and I want to be excited.

Give me something other than...he didn't have it as good as Crean.

Correct me if I'm wrong but he led Dayton to the elite 8 in 2014 and took them back to the sweet 16 a year later with a depleted roster and no over 6'6" due to giving some people the boot. 4 straight tourney appearances I mean he's done this all at a mid major program. He also took down Syracuse in 2014 which Crean couldn't even sniff. You still may not be convinced and that's not my point but I don't know what else people want. No one from a mid major is consistently going to make deep runs in the tournament not named gonzaga.

8 minutes ago, Hoosier116 said:

I've got buddies that are huge Ohio state fans and they are super super disappointed they won't ever get a shot at Archie now. Let's see this one thru, I like it a lot

CAM was at OSU and Arizona with his brother.  It's my understanding that he helped (was lead recruiter?) at both places when they brought in high-level guys.  If he can do that at IU, this will turn out pretty well I think.

So what you're showing us is that Archie Miller, with far less talent at Dayton than Crean has had at IU, has a similar record to TC? I look at that and see how much TC under performed. Archie Miller will do just fine.  

You can interpret the numbers however you like. I didn't post words like "potential" and "tactician" I posted his numbers. If you want to factor in talent, I would also consider that Crean's SOS was two times as good as Millers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, VeevlandBrowns said:

because IU is an elite job. 

I would change that to say IU WAS an elite job.  Miller could be great, but I see the hire as a gamble.  Pedigree is no better than Crean's was 9 years ago.  Granted IU is in a completely different place, though.

But if IU is such an elite job, I don't think you have to hire a coach at almost 6 times his current salary. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but he led Dayton to the elite 8 in 2014 and took them back to the sweet 16 a year later with a depleted roster and no over 6'6" due to giving some people the boot. 4 straight tourney appearances I mean he's done this all at a mid major program. He also took down Syracuse in 2014 which Crean couldn't even sniff. You still may not be convinced and that's not my point but I don't know what else people want. No one from a mid major is consistently going to make deep runs in the tournament not named gonzaga.

Thanks...that helps a little I guess.

2 minutes ago, Dizz said:

You have to factor the tougher opponents vs. the better players.  This balances out.. He had weaker opponents with worse players.

I understand that. I believe what is disconcerting to some is that yes, he had fewer resources at a somewhat lower competition but although he did well he didn't really dominate with his "superior Xs and Os" everyone is referencing. 

1 minute ago, Maynard said:

You can interpret the numbers however you like. I didn't post words like "potential" and "tactician" I posted his numbers. If you want to factor in talent, I would also consider that Crean's SOS was two times as good as Millers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

Wouldn't it have to be considerably better, considering their respective conferences?

I'm hoping this hire goes better than crean. Though it seemed like when we got him most were disappointed we thought we'd get better. The national media bragged on crean saying what a good get he was until the day he was let go. I hope everyone has patience at least more than what I have. I think it could be a slow process.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app