Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

I apologize in advance if this article from Terry Hutchens has already been posted on btb.  Admittedly a small sample and he could pick which players to quote but I think it does demonstrate that not every former player was hung up on it being Alford or an IU guy.  

Former IU players react to hiring of Archie Miller

http://www.heraldbulletin.com/sports/former-iu-players-react-to-hiring-of-archie-miller/article_490ea87a-1352-11e7-bf98-ef84b722728e.html

Love it. Pat Graham, AJ Guyton and Steve Risley know what's up. All of them explaining Archie's attributes and what he brings to the game of basketball. And as AJ said, IU now has a coach that played PG on the collegiate level and knows what to expect. That's gonna be one of the biggest (and best) differences with Archie

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

LOL they have a baseball team?

LOL. I grew up and live in Illinois. That Rivalry is intense, but in Central Illinois there are a lot of "mixed" families. I grew up in one. My mom was a Cubs fan. Her side of family are all Cuba fans. My dad was a Cardinal fan. His side were all Cardinal fans. They had 6 kids. 3became Cuba fans and 3 became Cuba fans. I actually cheered for Cubs in WS in memory of my mom.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

I love Archie's Indiana-first recruiting philosophy but he has a lot of other recruiting connections he brings to the table and not just in the Midwest from his Dayton and Ohio State days--but also in the East from his NC State assistant days and in the West from his Arizona assistant days. I can't wait to see who he brings in to help the program as I predict we will continue to recruit nationwide with a special emphasis on Indiana kids.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Another thing is Billy always would've felt like a hired gun. I think he would've had a lot of success here but he wouldn't have been "ours" in a sense. With Archie it's cool because he has the opportunity to grow with the program. He could be here 25-30 years and become synonymous with Indiana basketball like Bob Knight was back in the day. That's something I really hope to see happen. 

Yeah Archie is gonna be here for quite some time. He understands IU and what to do to make them successful. That's something IU hasn't had since Knight. Gonna be great

I sound like a broken record with this technology crap, but why doesn't the app show notifications?

If you are on iPhone, it's because the new update hasn't kicked in yet. Should be any day now

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just throwing this out there bc I keep forgetting to mention it.......I'm a Cubs fan and I remember how I felt after they announced Theo Epstein as General Manager. It was a feeling of unwavering and effortless trust...... I have the exact same feeling now that I had then.