Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Looks to have added some upper body mass.  Thank God. I have this vision of  him trying to block a Miles Bridges dunk and ending up in tiny, jagged pieces.

Don't we have to assume Archie has a pretty good idea that among the 12 current players on roster, at least two more will be leaving? Otherwise, why continue to go after Moore? If he knew, or had a really good guess, that only one more were leaving, wouldn't he just grant Moore his release? Because right now, Smith and Durham are coming in and OG is leaving. That leaves us over by one. And if Moore sticks, we'll be over by two (that's assuming RoJo, JBJ and TB come back, although it seems unlikely all three will). I'm guessing he doesn't want to, in his first few months on the job, have to go up to a current player (or two) and say, "Sorry. We won't have a scholarship for you next season." 

Sounds like Moore is ours if we want him which no offense to Durham but Moore is easily the 2nd best recruit in the class and if we took Durham, Moore should be safe as well.

RSing Durham actually sounds like a great idea this year but it just depends on how the roster shapes up.

Once again there is a reason Moore has had a bunch of big schools reach out. He has a load of potential and a high floor. If he adds 10 more pounds he could really contribute next year. Hopefully he is a Hoosier.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

If Clifton Moore comes to IU, then 3 players are gonna have to leave. OG is already gone so we need two more. I think it would be either Gelon and Priller or Gelon and Blackmon

I keep saying I think Clifton replaces TB if TB leaves.

I don't think we get Clifton if TB stays. I don't think Gelon or Priller are leaving.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I really think Blackmon will leave. He's graduating and has wanted to play pro ball since he got to IU. Given the fact that these guys have until May 24th to decide to remain in the draft or come back makes it all very interesting with Moore having to decide by Monday. If AM is making him decide then he already knows the intentions of the current players. I honestly have stopped guessing who the other one will be that's leaving beyond Blackmon (which I really believe will happen). 

6 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Trying to find a soft-landing.

Could be. However, wouldn't that be getting off on the wrong foot with the inside/out recruiting approach. Even if AM didn't ask him to transfer just the perception is bad when you're trying to build in state relationships don't you think? Not that he should be blamed for the cluster puck that Crean has created but still.......

1 minute ago, rcsalway29 said:

Could be. However, wouldn't that be getting off on the wrong foot with the inside/out recruiting approach. Even if AM didn't ask him to transfer just the perception is bad when you're trying to build in state relationships don't you think? Not that he should be blamed for the cluster puck that Crean has created but still.......

I'm sure Miller has stressed he doesn't see him in the rotation. I think anyone with a basketball IQ could tell you he's not a Big Ten player. Maybe Priller leaves as well but I doubt it. 

It's going to get very interesting if some of the NBA hopefuls come back, and then we have two oversigned (assuming Moore stays on).  The likely guys would be two of Gelon, Priller, and McSwain.  So many potenial questions and scenarios that are easy to talk about, but hard to truly know at this point.  Which is what is great about message boards :)

I do like our recruiting class, regardless of rank.  I think it will be a good building foundation for Coach Miller, and then get the top recruits in 2018 and beyong.  What's not to love about having experiences sophs+ with top rate freshmen!?