Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

Everyone but OG and Gelon are coming back. OG off to the Nuggets while Gelon is off to Grace College. 
Everyone is buying in, the boys finally have a coach that knows basketball. That has played basketball...

I have felt OG would be the only one gone for a while. If that is the case, I swear to god IU wins the B1G next season

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I see McKinley Wright asked out of his Dayton LOI.  I wonder if he is still a possibility here?  With Durham back in the fold, there is the question of room, but who knows.

3 minutes ago, thehelgo said:

I see McKinley Wright asked out of his Dayton LOI.  I wonder if he is still a possibility here?  With Durham back in the fold, there is the question of room, but who knows.

I think it was one or the other. I would've preferred McKinley tbh. Now that we have Durham I don't see any room for anyone else as long as Smith stays.

2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Internet laws of nature at work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Hitler analogies)[1][2] is an Internet adage which asserts that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches 1"[2][3]‍—‌that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler.

58e7e7271a493_Iwon.jpg.b503145354449824bdaa60f98d6c96a4.jpg

2 hours ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Durham seems like a good kid, but I would've strongly preferred to go after big 2018 guards. 

I feel the same way, but it is very possible IU will lose 3-4 guards between now and next year (Josh, RoJo, JBj & Gelon), so will be plenty of room.

Archie has to do what's best for Indiana basketball. That's what he gets paid to do. It happens at every program. Nobody feels sorry for the coaching staff when they lose because it's their job to put the best product on the floor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree, I just don't like the fact Archie may be forced to "crean" a current player or 2.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

I'm guessing Archie already knows who is staying or leaving. Otherwise, I think he would have let AL leave

Gelon is gone from everything I have heard. Indiana Weselyn has been mentioned to get some major PT then transfer back to D1. Still think he finds a better situation though.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah?  I learned that the atomic bombs were really what saved Japan from devastation.  Had we not dropped them in an awesome show of power, we would have been engaged instead in a long, bloody battle on their homeland that would have wrecked their population, culture, and infrastructure.  Instead we kept Japan mostly intact, as we were just then getting all the way across the Pacific.
And regarding Germany.... what are you going to do.  It was a 6 year war, and it took all 6 to win it.  Clumsy bombing techniques like loading huge B-17s with tons of bombs and dropping in the vicinity of the target was the best we could do, hence the damage. 
Aaaaaanywho...  Did we ever reach a consensus on whether or not Aver's is any good?  

Good post.

6 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

Archie has to do what's best for Indiana basketball. That's what he gets paid to do. It happens at every program. Nobody feels sorry for the coaching staff when they lose because it's their job to put the best product on the floor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Amen! Clean house CAM!