Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

40 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Grant Gelon just put an IU pic of himself shooting. Could be interpreted as an announcement that he's still committed to the program.

Also the dudes seem to be enjoying their time in the gym together. DD posted with JBJ, McSwain and Green. Neat to see them all hanging out.

Yep. I know Rojo and Cujo are tight. I imagine we keep 1 we keep both. 

16 minutes ago, IU Hoosier41 said:

Someone told me Rabby said today he thought Hartman would be back next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Didn't Hartman go through the Senior day speech (and get engaged to boot). That would be really strange to see him come back after already giving his speech - which is essentially saying goodbye.  Has this ever happened before? 

1 hour ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Not gonna lie, if he's about to pick an accounting job over another year in college playing basketball at Indiana, I think we should've been less worried about his knee and more worried about whatever serious head injury he suffered. Got a whole life to work, kid...

You also have to wonder if the offer may be taken off the table if he wants to go back to college.

1 minute ago, hoosierpap said:

Idk where someone said this but, yup..this

I really can't imagine him sitting a year. Not when he is a probably starter on a Big Ten team. He's a guy that I think Miller can take and really mold. 

looking like we will get to see Creans team with fundamentals. That's mind blowing. 

Grant Gelon just put an IU pic of himself shooting. Could be interpreted as an announcement that he's still committed to the program.
Also the dudes seem to be enjoying their time in the gym together. DD posted with JBJ, McSwain and Green. Neat to see them all hanging out.

Well gelon was offered and deserves to stay if he wants. I think miller will agree and he is an indiana kid. I guess im biased since he is slovak like myself.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, IU Hoosier41 said:

Someone told me Rabby said today he thought Hartman would be back next year.

After the last few weeks of rumors and people "confirming" this and that. I don't know if all these different people and insiders are as tied in as we are all lead to believe. I'll wait for the actual announcement with Hartman cause I think he's probably gone

I know we all wondered during the season if there was some kind of locker room drama that was affecting their performance, but they all seem to enjoy being around each other. With every day that goes by it becomes more and more obvious that Crean was the problem imo. 

I think the more time passes the more likely most of them are to stay. They have a lot to think about and it is their lives so I want them to make the best decision possible. Coach Miller has to earn their trust and I believe he is working hard to do that. But we have to understand that they signed up for one thing and now they are dealing with something different and it has to be hard.

After the last few weeks of rumors and people "confirming" this and that. I don't know if all these different people and insiders are as tied in as we are all lead to believe. I'll wait for the actual announcement with Hartman cause I think he's probably gone

Generally speaking, "insiders" are normally much more connected to players / transfers etc than they are to coaching changes higher level decisions. I.e. BBAll4IU was extremely connected on the player level as a student manager.

15 minutes ago, IU Hoosier41 said:

Generally speaking, "insiders" are normally much more connected to players / transfers etc than they are to coaching changes higher level decisions. I.e. BBAll4IU was extremely connected on the player level as a student manager.

Yep player and recruit status is much easier to get information about in most cases. Also that's how he was so connected and why it was said he wasn't in the gym anymore. Makes a lot I sense.

15 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Archie has reached out to Tom Pritchard about an assistant job.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

HELL YEAH!! I might have to go back to my old account @TomPritchard25 !! My 2ND FAVORITE EVER!! 9.3 ppg FR year and like 2 his senior year (don't quote me). Hilarious, but dude tried hard! Missed dunk against Kentucky in sweet 16 was absolutely heartbreaking. 

Anyways, yes he shouldn't be in charge of much; would love him though. 

You mean like iu was waiting for crean to find a soft landing or he had been informed a month ago he was done. Crean claims he knew nothing until the night before. My favorite was the alford to iu was a done deal. That was even better than the albers donovan bs.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In Terry Hutchens latest article he said his sources are telling him there are no players who will graduate and therefore qualify as grad transfers.

There are no IU players that will graduate or no Dayton players?  Sorry if this was already addressed and I didn't see it.