Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

My new nickname for Tommy

Sweet 16 Crean.

Will get us to sweet 16's here and there, but never more.

UNC was amazing tonight, but we played like crap the entire game.

And that is what sucks, any other night we would've won!

14 minutes ago, brandct said:

If you look at Tournament resumes Duke was a 4 seed with a much better resume then us. They only had 1 RPI loss outside the top 100 won 6 RPI top 50 games and had a strength of schedule of 10. 

Indiana did have 6 RPI top 50 wins, but had 3 losses to teams outside the top 100 and one of those was outside the top 150, and there strength of schedule was 100th. 

Looking at that and how they was seeding I don't think a 5 seed was completely out of line. 

Iowa State was a 4, 10-8 in conference, 5-7 in their last 12 and 4 of those wins were vs teams with RPI's over 100.

We should not have been a 5 and every expert other than you and Cannon agree.

Iowa State was a 4, 10-8 in conference, 5-7 in their last 12 and 4 of those wins were vs teams with RPI's over 100.

But we were a five seed, and we earned that through a horrid big ten tournament.

Just now, DChoosier said:

Ok lets break it down Iowa State had 7 top 50 RPI Wins No losses outside the top 100 and only 1 loss outside of the top 50. They had a strength of schedule of 12. So yes I do think they deserved a better seed then IU.

Before tonight, we were 22-0 when scoring 80 points or more in a game. UNC had the best shooting night from beyond the arc of their lives.

I'm glad to see people like Alford Bailey, JS, and Old Friend looking at this with reason. No one is happy that Crean hasn't progressed beyond a Sweet Sixteen, but this was a very good year, and to open up this thread again after facing one of the best two teams in the country, after beating Kentucky, is absurd.

And that is what sucks, any other night we would've won!

ehhhh.. This was a pretty bad performance. It almost seemed like Michigan bad.

Yes UNC made 10 threes or whatever, but I'd say at least 6 of them were wide open. I know they are not known for the 3 point game, but if it's wide open...

We got killed down low tonight and with fouls. I know it's not creans fault for the performance, but damn. We didnt look prepared at all.

Plus, there were very little adjustments made. Throwing a 1-3-1 trap press down 20 with 3 minutes to go? ..

Odd.

Just now, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Before tonight, we were 22-0 when scoring 80 points or more in a game. UNC had the best shooting night from beyond the arc of their lives.

I'm glad to see people like Alford Bailey, JS, and Old Friend looking at this with reason. No one is happy that Crean hasn't progressed beyond a Sweet Sixteen, but this was a very good year, and to open up this thread again after facing one of the best two teams in the country, after beating Kentucky, is absurd.

Oh I know he will be back, but am also pretty sure that we will not do any better.

I wish OG started the game. I honestly thought he would have Paige duty all night.

OG didn't do **** against Paige either!!! Paige was on FIRE. Literally have never seen someone go off like that. There was no chance anyone could have stopped him.

1 minute ago, brandct said:

Ok lets break it down Iowa State had 7 top 50 RPI Wins No losses outside the top 100 and only 1 loss outside of the top 50. They had a strength of schedule of 12. So yes I do think they deserved a better seed then IU.

I am heading to bed but lets just agree that  you are wrong :)

Iowa State sucked down the stretch.

We should not have been a 5 but at the end of the day you have to beat good teams to win it all.

that being said...when Paige hits his first 4 threes I doubt anyone will beat UNC.

3 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Tonight was not on Crean!  Not saying I wasn't punching stuff at some of the subs, but nothing anybody was doing against UNC tonight!

1 minute ago, Ryno6284 said:

Texas A&M was a 3, UK was a 4, enough said!

Interchange us with Kentucky its the same result. 

Texas A&M only had 5 top 50 RPI wins, but only 1 loss outside the RPI top 100 and none out of the RPI top 150, also had a strength of schedule of 63

5 minutes ago, Treesh said:

ehhhh.. This was a pretty bad performance. It almost seemed like Michigan bad.

Yes UNC made 10 threes or whatever, but I'd say at least 6 of them were wide open. I know they are not known for the 3 point game, but if it's wide open...

We got killed down low tonight and with fouls. I know it's not creans fault for the performance, but damn. We didnt look prepared at all.

Plus, there were very little adjustments made. Throwing a 1-3-1 trap press down 20 with 3 minutes to go? ..

Odd.

Dude, I want CTC gone as much as the next guy, but nobody was beating UNC tonight!

Just the typical people pissed off at the world and lashing out at the wrong person. No one in the country could have stopped UNC tonight. No one. As Treesh said in another thread (all though in a different context), we ran into the MonStars tonight. And we didn't have Go-go Gadget Jordan for the game winner.

5 minutes ago, brandct said:

Interchange us with Kentucky its the same result. 

Texas A&M only had 5 top 50 RPI wins, but only 1 loss outside the RPI top 100 and none out of the RPI top 150, also had a strength of schedule of 63

So regular conference season and conference tourney mean nill?

Just now, Ryno6284 said:

So regular conference season and conference tourney mean nill?

Texas A&M was co SEC champs and made it to the finals of the SEC Tournament. Kentucky was co SEC Champs and won the SEC tournament.  We were B1G Champs and lost in our first conference tournament game. So I do not see your point here.