Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

24 minutes ago, nighttrain47424 said:

I think that's a horrible idea, the WCC is weak, the BIG would eat him alive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using BtownBanners mobile app

So now Mark Few can't coach? Not that 15k posts wasn't already a pretty good indicator, but this thread has become officially and unassailably nuts. 

Few is an elite coach. He would compete at an elite level in any conference in the country. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise. That being said, if he wanted to be somewhere else, he'd already be at UCLA. 

My guy in this  theoretical is Brad Underwood. Watching that guy coach is an absolute pleasure. Like watching John Kresse when he was at C of C. Underwood is 1 of the 10 best coaches in the country. Would take him ahead of 90% of the name guys that this board seems fixated on.

3 minutes ago, RobPoff said:

Someone told me that his buyout of $4 million would be paid over the course of 3 years. And that if he lands a job, his new compensation would go towards the buyout? Is this true?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yup, required over the remaining years of his contract- not all at once. And like you said, he has to "seek gainful employment in good faith" with any compensation from that salary being subtracted from the buyout. 

We'll get to 800 by tomorrow night. If not, I might have to make a fake account and claim I have "inside" sources :)

Just read the pages as I've been out for the past few hours. I hear I may have a mission to go on tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You should do that anyway... Just for fun...

Sent from my XT1650 using BtownBanners mobile app

I thought I would do a little detective work of my own. Tom Crean is represented by CAA Sports which has an office in Chicago. There was a flight into Bloomington yesterday and another scheduled for today as well. Both flights were twin jets that came from Midway International Airport. That airport is 29 minutes from their office. O'Hare  is 25 minutes so not a huge difference in distance so that isn't a debunker. So I think that this could be a sign that Creans representation has been in and out of Bloomington because they are working a potential deal for Crean potentially to Missouri.

So now Mark Few can't coach? Not that 15k posts wasn't already a pretty good indicator, but this thread has become officially and unassailably nuts. 

Few is an elite coach. He would compete at an elite level in any conference in the country. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise. That being said, if he wanted to be somewhere else, he'd already be at UCLA. 

My guy in this  theoretical is Brad Underwood. Watching that guy coach is an absolute pleasure. Like watching John Kresse when he was at C of C. Underwood is 1 of the 10 best coaches in the country. Would take him ahead of 90% of the name guys that this board seems fixated on.

I agree that he is a great coach but top 10 in all of college is steep. If it wasn't his first year there then he would be a stronger candidate but most these guys arent his kids. I love Mike White and not all their roster is his but he has a top 5 defense in the country and his offense isn't too shabby either. Both these guys should be drawing more attention no doubt.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

16 minutes ago, Demo said:

I believe you're on to something. T Boone better chip the bank to keep him.

4 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I thought I would do a little detective work of my own. Tom Crean is represented by CAA Sports which has an office in Chicago. There was a flight into Bloomington yesterday and another scheduled for today as well. Both flights were twin jets that came from Midway International Airport. That airport is 29 minutes from their office. O'Hare  is 25 minutes so not a huge difference in distance so that isn't a debunker. So I think that this could be a sign that Creans representation has been in and out of Bloomington because they are working a potential deal for Crean potentially to Missouri.

4 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Supposedly a meeting with his agent happened and no go. Didn't really say why.

I can tell you that one of these makes more sense than the other haha

Well- if "we" wait until July it will also save $3mil on Crean's buyout so it's actually a fiscally responsible move!

If we make a change, I'd rather hire someone right away. That way the new coach has the summer with the team. He can also recruit players for next year if we have a few leave. You can't do that effectively in July.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

It's had steam for awhile if you've listened to the right people.

I have been on this site everyday for the last month lol. I have seen our "insiders" claim all kinds of things but none of them had legs. Up until a few days ago NO ONE on here claimed Crean to Mizzou was seriously being considered. I brought it up weeks ago and only cause they seemed like a fit. Sorry but the Janitor is the only guy I actually take in consideration for info on here. Most don't claim to know anything other than what has been said already. We all thought he could be gone but he has been on edge for awhile. Sorry man not seeing your point.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app