Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Just now, iufaninillinois said:

I hated Polk. The only time in my life I got Poison Ivy or Oak.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

IUfan and Illinois just don't even look right man, anyway you can change that lol

6 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

In DC this season. At MSG, a week earlier, next season.

And I hate that it's a week earlier too. We'll be playing ours a week before all the P5 conferences. This year with everyone beating up on each other and next years changes. Will it make the B1G look weaker??

1 hour ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I hate to be the one to post this put Doug Gotleib just posted this...once again sorry no screen shot.

Elephant in the room......Indiana and Alford.

I know that isnt what people wanna hear but that is the first major media post I have seen about us so I know we have at least reached out. Hopefully that is it.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I love B-town and I am sure that Alford has similar feelings toward the place, but I have also been to Westwood...and I just can't see him giving that up for B-town.  

I guess I may be one of the few that would be ok with Alford.  Finally bridges the gap with Knight era, and he would/could recruit the crap out of the state of Indiana. Still young enough to be a long term success as well.

Edit, I realize that this is my first post - I just found this site after being a Peegs board guy for a long time.  No, I am not Steve trying to drum up support.....

Alford is not my first choice either, and I could see how a lot of people have a problem with him, but I think he could have more success with the resources and traditions and his name behind him at IU than he ever could at a place like Iowa. Again not my top choice, but I could live with it. Probably won't reunite the fan base without a lot of success. But only Stevens and Donavon would probably unite everyone right away.

Prediction time.  What page is this on when a major media outlet breaks that Crean is out at Indiana?  And what page is it on when the replacement is announced?  My guess is 50 fewer pages than 20 minutes after the news breaks.  We've got a long week coming up, I am going with 785 and 855.

I've been on record saying, although he isn't my 1st, 2nd, or 3rd pick, I'd be happier with Alford than Crean. Recruiting would certainly pick up. Winning ceiling would raise. In state recruiting would improve.

Inconsistency and defense problems would still be there.

Alford is probably my 4th or 5th choice.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, Maynard said:

Prediction time.  What page is this on when a major media outlet breaks that Crean is out at Indiana?  And what page is it on when the replacement is announced?  My guess is 50 fewer pages than 20 minutes after the news breaks.  We've got a long week coming up, I am going with 785 and 855.

So set the O/U at 800? going with the over

10 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Let's not forget we just paid 250k to cancel an East Coast set of games.

To me, this is huge news. I have to believe a coaching change is the impetus of this decision.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

What was the reason to cancel (haven't seen one yet)?  This is typically one of the better set of early season games.  

3 minutes ago, Scooter D said:

What was the reason to cancel (haven't seen one yet)?  This is typically one of the better set of early season games.  

There was a scheduling conflict with other games. I believe they are trying to add some games around that date, didn't work out. A coaching change could also influence this decision.