Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

1 minute ago, Jboser42 said:

No I live in Noblesville, but if I need to drive to Bloomington dressed as a troop leader with a box of thin mints, for a chance at information I'll take it! Just need to know the boards policy on mileage reimbursement

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

From my hands on experience, I can tell you the reimbursement mileage is a little on the unfair side.. ;)

1 minute ago, hoosierknight said:

99% sure I just walked past Joani Crean at the Fashion Mall in Indy.... should turn around and ask her the details to save you all some stalking!

The flight did go back to Indy last night.. Maybe Joani is having a girls weekday trip after visiting her future home in Missouri

:92: 

99% sure I just walked past Joani Crean at the Fashion Mall in Indy.... should turn around and ask her the details to save you all some stalking!

-Gregg Doyel

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I would trust 0708 before a Missouri insider

Gabe Dearmond literally is the Alex or Zach to Missouri as they are to us. But he is a verified account too because of how long he has been covering basketball. Nothing against our insiders but when we are talking about the Missouri job they probably know more than mostly anyone. Just like I would trust an IU insider more than a Missouri or someone else with sources.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I highly doubt that

There have been other guys in the recruiting scene that know Gabe that have said they have helped him write the hot board post he had out over a month ago. Sorry but NONE of our guys knew this was a strong possibility a month ago or more. Maybe assumptions but no truth or real sources.

With this stuff I love hearing insight from posters and mods even but until Janitor mentioned it I was still on the fence. Gabe DeArmond confirmed it for me and then other guys in media confirmed that he had known for awhile about this. I really respect the guy for holding off to save drama for programs instead of caring about being the first one to mention it. Js. That is way he is being paid to cover Mizzou Basketball.

Janitor's tweet from Friday was discussed. The part about being "in holding" is a little ambiguous, but if you are familiar with the janitor at all you can take it to the bank that he is gone. 

Janitor is the best source we have. I would say he is Alex Bozich without fear of losing his job type of insider. McCarthy said quite a bit about Crean literally the night he left us for Juneau, so I am pretty sure those guys know a lot just don't wanna lose their job and I respect that. Once Mizzou fired Anderson the flood gates opened. I would expect similar things from our program if the same happens. If Mizzou wants him more than anyone though I think it gets done soon.

No I live in Noblesville, but if I need to drive to Bloomington dressed as a troop leader with a box of thin mints, for a chance at information I'll take it! Just need to know the boards policy on mileage reimbursement

Do you have a beard and smoke? I ask because I saw that exact scene in a movie called "Loaded Weapon" last week.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

Sorry Hova, we take dog sleds to the nudist colony. To caveat this; The Iditarod starts in about an hour up here in Fairbanks! If anyone is interested it is going to be a cold one for the teams. It was -30 when i came to work.

I can't believe people put those dogs through that. Maybe it is just me, but I consider it cruelty.

2 hours ago, Bgrimm4 said:

Yuck, they pulled a few of us to do JRTC down that way a couple years ago. Probably my least favorite place in the U.S. (Right up there with Lexington.)

I was at LTP for BN staff, but JRTC in June. Trying to push to get leave accepted so I don't have to come. 

One of my friends wife lives down here, so we out and partied with the locals a few towns over-- beautiful area and great people (OFF BASE)

5 minutes ago, Tom White said:

I can't believe people put those dogs through that. Maybe it is just me, but I consider it cruelty.

Not cruel at all. The dogs love it and live to run! They are a special breed that is suited for the cold (they live outside all year round) and run, run, run. it's their treat!

1 hour ago, recker222000 said:

I thought Donovan to iu oh is a done deal according to several posters.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Several?  Two, and only one acts like he has connections.  One poster on 247 is convinced it's highly likely, other trusted posters over there just say we reached out and he was interested with one of those saying a meeting between an IU rep and Donovan's agent is supposed to happen this week (with no specific day or anything).