Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

53 minutes ago, johnsoniu said:

That would be hilarious if Glass gave him the university's plane to fly down for a talk.

Fly him there, then when he gets off the plane close the door and head toward the run way to come back.

I'm not suggesting that happen, but I'm not suggesting that not happen either.

The worst part is when he says stuff like, "Oh Devonte, Juwan, De'Ron are all banged up. Not at all 100%. They barely practiced this week." Then they get in the game and act like their normal selves. Like what, did they brush shoulders with someone in practice? 

He always does this! It drives me crazy as well. He was talking about newkirk's knee not being 100% and monitoring him because of his surgery. Dude had microfracture surgery like 2 years ago. Just another excuse he's trying to slide in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using BtownBanners mobile app

Man, even if they CAN coach and have a proven track record, I don't want no 60+ yr old coach replacing crean.  I like that 40-50 yr old range so if it's the type of guy we all want, he can be here for more than 5 yrs before being admitted to a nursing home.

He always does this! It drives me crazy as well. He was talking about newkirk's knee not being 100% and monitoring him because of his surgery. Dude had microfracture surgery like 2 years ago. Just another excuse he's trying to slide in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using BtownBanners mobile app

He also probably plays the most minutes out of everyone lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

34 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

He also probably plays the most minutes out of everyone lol

Yeah he's not still recovering from surgery that was two years ago. Another excuse by Crean. And yet, the media buys into his crap. The media can't honestly believe it's because of injuries year after year

EVerything is still speculative but looking less speculative every day.   Pap - If it happens, which '17 commits do you think we can retain if any?  Same question for our current freshmen.  Thanks.

On the speculative note, I'd imagine a large percentage of it depends on who the coach is and his plans regarding the roster.

Pap might have more detailed info but new coach usually "recruits" those on roster they want to retain.

Have heard DeRon would potentially transfer with Crean or closer to home (seems speculative to me).

I can't imagine CuJo being too happy. He might welcome a coaching change. Just spitballing here.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I understand in today's world kids wanna get to the NBA and get there fast.  But I want a coaching that can instil in the kids heads that winning for INDIANA is step number ONE if they r gonna play on the team.  Don't come to IU if u aren't interested in playing to win for the team.  Winners always look better.  No matter what level is next, the next level coach wants kids that have won and know what it takes.  Recruit kids that buy into winning for INDIANA as #1 priority.

Yeah he's not still recovering from surgery that was two years ago. Another excuse by Crean. And yet, the media buys into his crap. The media can't honestly believe it's because of injuries year after year

I can't imagine they real buy into it. I think they just want access to the program.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, recker222000 said:

I can't imagine they real buy into it. I think they just want access to the program.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Kinda like Alex McCarthy on the 247 board. I guess he just left and instantly started bashing Crean about everything lol

8 minutes ago, IUHAHN82 said:

I understand in today's world kids wanna get to the NBA and get there fast.  But I want a coaching that can instil in the kids heads that winning for INDIANA is step number ONE if they r gonna play on the team.  Don't come to IU if u aren't interested in playing to win for the team.  Winners always look better.  No matter what level is next, the next level coach wants kids that have won and know what it takes.  Recruit kids that buy into winning for INDIANA as #1 priority.

I agree you don't hear about other programs talk about kids going to the NBA like Crean does unless they have a team full of 1 and done guys the way Crean does. I mean Crean said that McSwain was a pro. Crean worries about developing more than coaching and that is why you don't see the team chemistry that is needed to win in the Big 10 because they have as many guys worried about the draft as Kentucky and the players aren't nearly as talented in my opinion.  

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

IU will accept an NIT bid. Awesome!

If we can lose the first game of the NIT and do it with a near empty crowd.. emoji848.png then just maybe..

#TankTrain

#BadForBrad

#LoseToSwaniganToGetDonavon

Treesh you are crazy my man but a good crazy haha. I'm still on board for no NIT either. All out tank. And no CBI either because "It's Indiana"

IU will accept an NIT bid. Awesome!

If we can lose the first game of the NIT and do it with a near empty crowd.. then just maybe..

#TankTrain

#BadForBrad

#LoseToSwaniganToGetDonavon

#DoNotWinItForBennett

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Treesh you are crazy my man but a good crazy haha. I'm still on board for no NIT either. All out tank. And no CBI either because "It's Indiana"

Our spoils will come soon my friend, we will party and drink until the next full moon. Just a matter of time. (And L's)